Sleep

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are your babies sleeping these days...

Sleeping through the night or not?
What time is the last feeding?
How does your LO fall asleep for the night?

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
October 30th, 2012, 07:36 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
How are your babies sleeping these days...

Sleeping through the night or not?
What time is the last feeding?
How does your LO fall asleep for the night?

NOT

well okay she is sleeping 7 hours at night but not within the hours i want. she always falls asleep at 7 and sleep til 2. has a feeding then she'll sleep til 6.

I want her to go down at 10 and sleep til 6.

the passed few nights ive put her down in that swing at 7 when she fell asleep and i lay on the couch with the idea that id get her up at 10 and let her eat so she'll go back to sleep til 6am... but i cant seem to stay awake... lol

im trying to switch her schedule around to get it the way i want it but she has her own ideas of how this works.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
How are your babies sleeping these days... He's doing amazing!

Sleeping through the night or not? He has been since he was a month and a half old. I'm so lucky.

What time is the last feeding? 7:00

How does your LO fall asleep for the night? We start getting his bath ready at 6:30 every night, and after his bath, he gets lotion, and his hair dryed (he loooves the hair dryer!), and gets his pajamas on. Then I usually read a short dr seuss book to him and feed him. Then he lays in the crib and I turn on the mobile and usually he is asleep by the time the music ends, and he wakes up at around 9 or so the next morning.
October 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping through the night or not? Yes ma'am!
What time is the last feeding? Between 7:30 and 9
How does your LO fall asleep for the night? Just chilling in his sleep sack, usually cooing...5 mins later, buy bye Pax! I just kiss him goodnight and leave and watch him/listen to him coo on the monitor LOL!

October 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Sleeping through the night or not? Psh I wish!! She like is not a normal baby lol. When she was a newborn she slept so great! Went down at 10PM, woke up 3AM, woke up 6Am and finally at 8Am she was up for the day.. BUT since she was 3 months old she is up ALL THE TIME! Goes down now about 8-830PM. Is up either at 1030PM or 11PM. Then back up at 1Am or 2AM. Then again back up around 4Am or 5AM. And up for the day between 7 and 8Am. Its insanely tiring. I thought the older they got the better they slept! My baby didnt get the memo.
What time is the last feeding? 7PM or 8PM depending on her schedule during day. She still only eats 3oz sometimes I can get 4oz down her. Every 2-3 hours. Ugh.
How does your LO fall asleep for the night? Swaddle. Currently weaning from swaddle so one arm out. Rocking her. When shes almost asleep I lay her in her crib. And then her first wake up around 10:30 or 11PM I put her in bed with me since its just easier to get to her that way since shes up all the time at night.

October 31st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NOt STTN. SHe went from 10:30 to 4:30 last night but most nights she's been up every hour to 2 hours lately. It's killing me. I try to not nurse her to sleep and lay her down in her crib while she's sleepy. My husband likes to rock her to sleep since he doesn't get to see her much. I love him spending time with her, but I don't want her to become reliant on rocking either.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sleeping through the night or not? Well, I guess, 8 hours is considered STTN right? That is not every night, but many nights lately...last night though, she woke up at 11:30 after going to bed at 8:30, she needed more food (growth spurt?)

What time is the last feeding? Usually around 7:30/8

How does your LO fall asleep for the night? I have to rock her, unless she falls asleep having her last bottle...I need to start trying to put her down before she is completely asleep, but I still think she is a little young for that, perhaps in a couple of weeks we can start that!

November 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
She doesn't sleep through the night, but we both sleep well. She sleeps right beside me and nurses as she wants to throughout the night. She falls asleep while nursing or snuggling with me.

November 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Super Mommy
Sleeping through the night or not? once - one blissful evening last week I went to bed at 10 and was not awoken until 6 and then she went back until 7:30, it was Glorious. lol anyway, we finally have a monkey that is up once to eat and another time just needing to be soothed, I'm happy, she's happy DH can suck it up (he want's STTN)
What time is the last feeding? 8pm, then again somewhere between 2am and 4am, she often wakes around 12 but just needs a shhh and a soother and will settle herself back down
How does your LO fall asleep for the night? Full blown bed-time routine, book, prayer, song, swaddle, pop her down awake and she's out in 5 minutes, usually no tears, sometimes she'll fuss a bit but never long
November 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Sleeping through the night or not? He was. He stopped though..growth spurt or teething or whatever. It'll pass eventually.

What time is the last feeding? Depends. Anywhere from 7:30 to 9pm, depending on his mood and how things go.

How does your LO fall asleep for the night? Either I cuddle him and pat his back or Daddy has him and they watch something on my laptop while Daddy bounces him. We take turns putting him to bed.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Adler gets sleepy around 7:30 every night. I nurse him, lay him down sleepy or sleeping in the crib where he sleeps till 2 am then he comes to bed with me till everyone gets up about 7 am. He nurses once or twice during that morning part, I like those morning snuggles.
November 12th, 2012, 12:23 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine does. I give her her last feeding around 9pm and then rock her to sleep. I still swaddle her as well. I want to try letting her sleep without being swaddled, but I'm too afraid to face a potentially sleepless night if she keeps waking herself up. In the morning I usually get up around 7-8am.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
November 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
I was scared to stop swaddling too for the same reason, but it turned out just fine. Some people kind of transistion them out of it, starting with one arm out for awhile, then both, then no swaddling. Maybe try that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search