So Exciting!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By Girl IS my name

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Voting tomorrow! We all get to find out who our next president will be. It'll be a miracle if it's a third party candidate and we never go though the stuff the conservatives and liberals pulled this last campaign ever again. lol But everyone knows that will never happen. Anxious to find out!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
November 6th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted Gary Johnson, the libertarian. Some say it's a wasted vote but a wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't believe in! I really wish it wasn't just a 2 party system

November 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
That is the man I will vote for, too. He fits me best. I get told, "That's one vote for Obama/Romney!"
November 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully he'll get 5% of the vote which the say could give 3rd party candidates a better chance next time

November 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wrote in Ron Paul. I just couldn't vote Obama/Romney... *shudder*
Spyctre and lovemylittlemiss like this.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
November 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I like Ron Paul as well. My only issue with the man was for every completely awesome thing he said, he'd terrify me with something else. lol But he's really constitutional, and I did like that about him.

And now for a music video that sums up exactly how I feel about Romney/Obama. Epic rap battle!

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2. - YouTube
November 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I'm not shy with my political view, so I'm sure you all know I voted for Romney. I like to think of myself as more of a down the middle kinda person, but I have more conservative views than others. I liked how he wanted to turn a lot of aspects back over to the states. He said something like "The states know what the people want and what their people need" I believe that. That being said I didn't agree with all his views on things but if he had turned stuff over to the states his stance on things is a moot point.

Anyways I'm not thrilled that Obama won and now we aren't going to sell our house for the next 4 years.

But one reporter pointed out this morning...we woke up and things were basically the same as the day before and the days before that so what is different? Nothing really. I'm not looking forward to some of the upcoming changes tho...

November 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I think with either a Republican or a Democrat nothing changes much. Except the economy and education it seems. I honestly don't see our country making any great strides with the two main parties.

I'm close to the middle. I think I actually fall under Green Party, but Gary Johnson appealed more to me than Jill Stein. I lean liberal and Libertarian. Both Romney and Obama were so far up and right to me that we had nearly nothing in common. Most of my friends and family, too, except for our fathers. They were both a bit to the middle but leaned conservative and Authoritarian. Like Hitler. I enjoy telling them so. lol
November 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
My biggest thing is now starting Jan 1, if you sell your house you have to pay a 3% tax, extra on top of everything else that is going to help feed obamacare. Well we own our house, and its going to go toward our down payment on our next house, so its taking away from that.

Not only is it taking away from it, its feeding something I don't agree with, and I'm not going to benefit from. I agree that the health system needs overhauling in some ways. But I mean, come on Obama pushed the bill through with not one single repub vote. That is just beyond me. How does a person insist on something that obviously one whole entire half doesnt want?

I don't like him and I didn't agree with a lot of Romneys stances on abortion and gay marriage either. So what do you do?

I'm moving to a farm out in the middle of bfe and growing my own food.

but i will say i do have hopes for obama and the education aspect. i like some of the stuff he talks about, now we just need to get education reform in his agenda. no child left behind is ***** and it needs to go in the trash.

November 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yeah, Democrats usually have better ideas for education than Republicans. The latter is really into charter schools or private schools. Best grades money can buy.

I can understand being upset about that tax. I hope that is changed when we want to move which will be in 4-5 years. We can't afford to give up 3% of our home's worth.
November 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
we wanted to move before than, but we may just rent it out and wait i guess... 3% is quite a bit.

and the charter schools here where I am are just full of all the trouble makers who get kicked out of public school. I've heard its hell to teach in a charter school. And Im going to be a teacher so its sorta important to me...lol I'm student teaching in january!! yay!

November 8th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
lol Yeah, my dad is a teacher, and I used to teach so we all know the feeling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search