Nursery Progress

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlc52811

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How is everyone doing on the nursery/space where baby will sleep? Are you done? Still working on it? What do you have left to do?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

November 6th, 2012, 07:09 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh!! You're scaring me Cassie! I need to get so much done but I have to wait for DH to do his part before I can even start!! It's driving me crazy! He has a big test tomorrow that he has been studying for and then a little bit of a break before his next exams so he says he is going to paint her room and hang the shelves and stuff after his test tomorrow. I'm excited to finally get everything in her room organized instead of just sitting in random places around her room.

I did achieve one goal though- I finished knitting her blanket! It took months but now that I'm done I love it and I'm so glad I took the time to do it.

November 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I got nothing. We need to have a new window installed, and we have been having nothing but problems with Home Depot since we contacted them. This is the fourth week since inital contact was made and we still don't have an installation date.

I have pretty much accepted that the baby will sleep in our room (which was always the plan) and we will have to bring the change table in our room as well. As for a dresser and some place to put the baby clothes? I have no idea. It stresses me out beyond belief.

All I know for sure is that the nursery will not be ready by the time the baby gets here. And I am sad, sad, sad about it.
November 6th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Veteran
We're finished here with the nursery (I really love how it turned out!) and most of the baby stuff actually - I just have a short list of things that we still need that I plan to pick up at Target next week, as well as a final load of her laundry to do, but was saving that for my last two vacation days I'm taking next week. While she probably won't sleep in her nursery for awhile, I do have the pack n play with bassinet set up in our dining room right now and will likely be transitioning that up to our room but keeping it out of the way for the time being.

November 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
All finished with the nursery! Well I am still waiting on the glider we ordered to show up but other than that it is complete. I am happy to check that off the list. Now to move on to the other things..... like getting the SUV detailed so baby girl doesn't come home in a dog hair covered vehicle and finding a stand for our basinette so she can actually sleep in our room when she comes home. sigh....

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
November 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All finished here except for the mobile and perhaps a wall hanging behind the crib.

November 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
My glider finally arrived but it seems to be leaning forward in a weird way so I have to figure out how it can be fixed or replaced. So frustrating!

I have the crib, dresser and rug. I need to paint the dresser and get a changing table top. I'm waiting for the curtains to arrive.

After that I still need bedding and art and a mobile and then Ill be done. yeah.

November 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
We're mostly done with the nursery. I still want to make a little button initial pillow, but I think that's the last project. Then I just need to organize the clutter all over the room and in the closet. I'm so excited that it's almost done!

Then I still need to get the pack 'n play where she'll actually be sleeping for the first several months set up. It's in our room now, but still sitting in the box.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

November 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were almost totally done with our nursery, but then we bought a house, so I get to do the nursery alllll over again. Wee... I'm kind of emotional about it though! Thinking about how she'll never sleep in her completed nursery at our apartment makes me a little weepy. haha
hilhillrn likes this.

November 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'd say 80% done. I still havent addressed the walls at all. I cant decide where I want things so I've been avoiding the issue.
All the monkey decals need to go up, along with the other wall decorations (the personalized collage pic frame w/ her name; the things that will have her foot & hand prints, her US pic that everyone at the shower signed, etc). Oh and lets not forget the shelving unit that is still occupied by DH's stuff. Its not his fault its not done, I havent asked him to clear it off yet. I did ask him last night if he'll do it this weekend.
Then I need to take the shower gifts out of the boxes (diaper pail, bouncer, etc...) and organize that. Which will clear out the closet so thats doesnt look like a bomb went off in it
Why am I procrastinating so bad? Other than to drive myself insane

I plan on tackling this a little each night and then hope to get most of it done this weekend. I'll have all weekend since no football game for us this Sunday.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
November 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I was so gungho and excited about the nursery. Now Im like.... Ehh. Whatever. LOL Baby doesnt know the difference. We do have a few decorations and I got a really great deal on a bedding set on eBay but I just ordered a glider and changing table that should be here any day now. Then we'll start to set the room up. He'll be in a pack n play for awhile since my second daughter is still in the crib (and Im praying she stays in it as long as possible! LOL)

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

November 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
We moved to Germany at the end of September and were staying in temporary accommodations for all of October; we just moved into our new place last week. I was then sick in bed for 4-days and unable to do anything. DH got the crib and dresser put together over the weekend but the rest of the nursery is a disaster; clothes and everything else piled everywhere as I still have to wash everything. And thats just the nursery...never mind the rest of the place. It's going to be a busy next few weeks!

November 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
We are moving Dec 1st, two days before my csection is supposed to be...so as of now. No nursery
November 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Do Not Blink
I'm pretty much done. Crib is set up, just waiting on the mattress and sheets to finish that completely.
We moved the table we're going to use as a changing table up there the other day, so that's almost done.
I am sad to find that I don't have room for a chair... This is going to make BF'ing so much more difficult. I'm still praying that a miracle will happen and we'll get our own place, but it's already Nov, and I'm losing hope.
I could possibly make room for a chair if I were to do some major rearranging. We'll see I guess.

November 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just about done... waiting on a little rocking chair I ordered for her, need to pick up my glider, make a valance for the window and add a few more details to the monkey face in the mural. Other than that I'm ready - her stuff is all washed and put away, the co-sleeper is in our room and ready to be strapped to the bed, we'll install the carseat when the base is delivered on Thursday...

The two big things I still need to do are pack my bag and figure out the darn breast pump!

November 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahaha...the nursery. I was on a roll before this storm - but there is a ton left to do & now that I'm not there I've kind of forgotten about it. I need to buy some storage things for the closet and unpack all the bags. But I feel like my focus is totally different now. As long as he has clothes for the first week and the pack and play ready - all the rest can wait

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

November 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
I allowed my best friend's daughter to stay in the guest-room-turned-nursery for several weeks. Every second she was here, she was in the room, so it wasn't until after she left that I discovered she was a smoker & her smelly clothes seeped into everything in the room. I am livid. I've been busy doing what I can to get the stench out, but little is working. I've gotten to the point where I'm tempted to have her repaint & refurnish the dang room. Jeesh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search