Do your SO's attend your routine appts?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Mommy to Brie
Send a message via AIM to CrystalBlue Send a message via MSN to CrystalBlue
DH made it to 2/3 of my appointments with DD but he's got a different job now, one that only gives 30 min lunches, so he's only made it to the 20 week ultrasound with this little one.
November 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has come to all the U/S an my first visit- but that's it. I think it's a waste for him to leave work- drive 20 minutes to and from in the middle of the day for a ten minute visit.. I am good with him comin to the important/special ones only.
He prob will come to the last couple if he isn't slammed at work (uh.... Which is rare)

November 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Frank was at the 20 week u/s (I don't know if you remember that fun story). He barely made it though. He came to my u/s a couple weeks ago but other than that I think he's been to one or two. They are usually so short anyway so I don't really think it's a big deal.

Daffney

November 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Very lucky that dh is off at least every Wed/Thur so I make my appointments for those days. He's been to every appointment. I think he went to almost every appointment with all of our kids. With our first, at 17, he had a "talk" with the OB I first saw. He asked him to "be gentle" LOL This from the dude that screwed his girlfriend til she got knocked up. lol
taatie10 likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hes been to most of the appointments, and all of the 'extra' appointments we have had. This month is so busy for him at work, working every day but 5 all month, he wont likely be able to go to the u/s scheduled to check his growth. If its at all possible, he'll be there but I dont think he will. I dont mind him missing the regular appointments but Im a little disappointed about the ultrasound. I know he is too. It was pretty much the same with our first pregnancy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
BTDM - DH went to our u/s appt but thats it...i usually have my appt in the morning and go straight to work and my routine appts are so quick its not worth the drive for him to go

Thank you Jaidynsmum

November 6th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Joe came to ALL of my crazy dramatic first and second trimester stuff. He hasn't come with me since I was let off strict bedrest and allowed to drive, partially because he was in a car accident and is still having a lot of back problems and has trouble riding in the car and trouble with balance so it is easier for him to stay home. He was sure a trooper driving me to my peri a couple times a week for like 5 or more months lol.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
November 7th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
FTM- DH has made it to most appointments. The routine checks he has missed cause no point, but the big ones he has made and now that we start the cervical checks this week, he is going to try and make these last few apts. Weird to say that "last few apts" Really is the final stretch!!
November 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
First timer and he has been at every appointment except the first (where he was out of town). He almost had to miss the last one but his trip got cancelled so that worked out.

We intentionally schedule them when he can make it. His schedule is much more flexible than mine anyway.

I can totally see how thats not possible for everyone but I am a bit phobic when it comes to doctors so having him there makes me feel a lot better.

November 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nate comes whenever possible.

Little brother!
November 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
BTDT- DH didn't come to any appointments except for the ultrasounds last time with Kaylee because he couldn't get time off work.

Now we have Kaylee, and though he drives me to every appointment (I don't drive...) and is there in the waiting room, he doesn't come into the office. It is too distracting to have Kaylee in there trying to climb up on me and making noises, etc.

So technically he's there, but not in the actual room.
November 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FTM- DH has missed two appointments d/t work and let me tell you this LO is a daddies girl already! Those were the two I was sent to L&D and ultrasound. But I'm glad he does, otherwise I spend thirty minutes answering questions about a ten minute appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search