Most Useless Gift

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree35Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
I think it's pretty funny when people try to pass off "I handmade this and only had the attention span/time/skill to make it very small" as "I intentionally made this extra small to fit a Barbie."
I might understand a little better if she made it... but I'm 98% positive that she bought it somewhere. She has three kids and three grandkids... she knows what bibs do right?????
Becky_78 likes this.

November 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBozeman View Post
I might understand a little better if she made it... but I'm 98% positive that she bought it somewhere. She has three kids and three grandkids... she knows what bibs do right?????
Oh - that makes it so much better!!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

November 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, now I feel a little better about saying this but my sister didn't bring a gift and I thought that was tacky. She works part time, doesn't go to school and has no kids and told me she was "to busy" to get a gift. Her and her husband aren't hurting for money either. She also showed up in a t shirt, didn't comb her hair and had no makeup on. My other sister gave her a ton of crap because a lot of the girls made me really nice blankets, a tutu diaper dress etc. and they have kids AND full time jobs. My other sister didn't get me anything right away either but she told me right when she got here that she didn't buy anything because she wanted to take me shopping for what I need that I didn't get at the shower, which she did and I was OK with that. My other sister just said "Oh, I'm going to put a gift card in the mail" and I don't expect to get that. I'm grateful she drove up from Houston to come, but I couldn't help being a little hurt at her complete lack of effort.

My girlfriend who has two jobs, two kids and ZERO free time made me this awesome diaper tutu dress thingy and my sister made ZERO effort and blamed it on being busy. Irritating.

Daffney

November 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well my most useless gift may not be useless to anyone else LOL A pack of disposable diapers/wipes. We cloth diaper and use cloth wipes..Which they know since i have cd'd my youngest who is almost two. I guess it will be useless to me but ok if daddy ever watches her (Though that would be rare since i plan to EBF & I am a SAHM)
November 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I've thought about this - and it's not a particularly funny thing, but I think that with DD the most useless thing that I received was the bottle warmer. I breastfed, so my "bottles" were always the right temp. The mom who gave it to me clearly did not BF. I suppose DH could have used it or something on the days when I was still at work and he was home with DD, but he was more of a "run it under the tap" kind of guy. It just seemed silly to get out the bottle warmer, plug it in, make sure it had water in it, push the button, wait the 10 minutes it took to warm up the bottle, etc... Particularly with a hungry and potentially screaming baby.

I never used it, and instead just gave it away to another mommy who told me that she was going to register for it - - so it wasn't an unsolicited regifting or anything. (It also wasn't her main gift...it was just an extra in the whole packages of stuff...I would have felt bad about re-gifting it otherwise.)
November 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadencesmommy07 View Post
well my most useless gift may not be useless to anyone else LOL A pack of disposable diapers/wipes. We cloth diaper and use cloth wipes..Which they know since i have cd'd my youngest who is almost two. I guess it will be useless to me but ok if daddy ever watches her (Though that would be rare since i plan to EBF & I am a SAHM)
I'm with you! I don't so much mind the diapers, because we'll use them when we go to church or times like that, but we received no less than 3000 wipes. I'm sure we'll use them, it just may take us until the turn of the century to get through them all
November 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Twist's Avatar Super Mommy
wow! these are all great! i don't know if i've gotten anything useless so far except for the bottle steamer cleaner thing by avent. I'm going to try EBF so to keep myself stuck to it i haven't bought any bottles. therefore not needing it...but i do know if i end up having to use bottles it will come in handy later!

November 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Veteran
It also bugs me when people with kids (who should know better I'm assuming?) buy clothes in the wrong size for season! While I don't want to be unappreciative of gifts, we also got a "My First Christmas" t-shirt in the mail today, in a size 9 months. No gift receipt or any idea where its from, so I guess I'll just hang onto it to see if I can pass it along to anyone who could use it or donate it!

Luckily, the onslaught of hooded towels and burp cloths we've gotten have all come with gift receipts, so I was able to exchange for things we still need. Don't get me wrong, they certainly aren't useless, but we've gotten TONS of each! Hardly any blankets though - go figure...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search