Thanksgiving Recipes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Since Thanksgiving will be here in just a couple weeks, I've started thinking about what to make. I was thinking of trying something new this year. So I thought it would be fun to share some ideas here. Do you know yet what you'll be making? What are some of your favorite recipes from past years?

And sorry in advance for causing any pregnancy cravings with the food talk! hehe

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

November 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
It's just DH and I on Thanksgiving, and then my sister is coming to visit a few days later, so I'm not doing a real Thanksgiving feast. It'll be a nice dinner, but I'm not going all out.

One of my favorite easy recipes for Thanksgiving is cornbread pudding. It's so yummy! Jiffy Corn Bread Pudding Recipe
Due with baby "Zo" on July 10th

November 7th, 2012, 08:29 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited for Thanksgiving this year! I think John and I might be crazy, but we are having a full blown dinner party with 15 family members. Everyone will be helping out and we've already decided that even if I go into labor, dinner will go as planned.
On the menu is:
an organic turkey rotisserie'd on our outside grill with sage under the skin
a smoked ham raised outside from a farmer about 30 minutes away
mashed potatoes with celery root
bean casserole
turkey gravy and mushroom gravy (my sis is a vegetarian)
carrots and turnips
celery root, pear & gruyere gratin (new recipe - if anyone wants it, let me know because it looks really good)
pumpkin cheesecake and a pie assortment from my MIL
DawnVH, libra71 and mlc52811 like this.

November 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yum! I am so excited for Thanksgiving! Lots and lots of yummy food and it's the only time of the year we get to see everyone at once.

My go-to fave dessert is this pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. So yummy!
No-Fuss Pumpkin Cake Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

For this year I'm debating between trying a pumpkin cheesecake or just going with the pumpkin cookies I made awhile back that were really good. Decisions, decisions.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

November 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanksgiving is going to be hard for me this year. Its the first away from my family and we always have a huge dinner. I think DH wants to go out to eat so we don't have a bunch of leftovers that will just get thrown away and I wont be in the kitchen cooking for days.

November 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its just going to be us and MIL this year but I still plan on going all out! I make enough to feed us for like a week. I LOVE T'giving food.

I just go on Food.com and get all the top reviewed recipes for the typical T'giving food... Turkey, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, etc. Then we eat the canned cranberry sauce (YUM), I make mashed potatoes, corn casserole, sweet tea, then get some Sister Schuberts rolls and boxed dressing.

MMMM cant wait!!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

November 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's going to be my first go at a turkey day meal . My mom, sister, grandma, DH's parents are coming up. It could be interesting.

November 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love to make turkey sausage and pear stuffing. Its so good! Turkey Sausage And Pear Stuffing Recipe - Food.com - 265119

I also just tried out a new sweet potato recipe. I saw it on the food network and couldnt stop thinking about it. Sweet potatoes, bananas, graham crackers, and marshmallows! I made it sunday, then was too sick to my stomach to even try it Everyone loved it though, it was even requested for Thanksgiving
Banana-Yam Casserole Recipe : Marcela Valladolid : Recipes : Food Network
mlc52811 likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited to be able to host our small family thanksgiving this year in our first house!
Does anyone have a really good roasted turkey recipe? Any favorite brines, rubs, etc? Fabulous gravy recipes??? Share your wisdom!!

I'm a stickler for Thanksgiving meal tradition. Planning on having:
-simple celery/onion stuffing with dried cranberries
-cranberry orange relish (I'm obsessed with this being on my turkey and rolls)
-homemade yeast rolls
-mashed potatoes in addition to mashed sweet potatoes with rosemary
-roasted paremesan green beans
-some sort of mixed vegetable dish... undecided at this point
-corn pudding
-my mom's fabulous sweet potato recipe with brown sugar and marshmallows. mmm, nostalgia
-pumpkin pie, of course! I make 3 or 4 just so I can have leftovers with every subsequent meal!

Last edited by mlc52811; November 8th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
November 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will probably do Thanksgiving at my mum's this year(Not such a big deal considering their our neighbors...), so that I don't have to ringlead the cleaning/cooking.

I'm sure we'll fry a turkey. (Love doing this, extra juicy, and COMPLETELY my husband's responsibility...) Mom normally goes for the standards, which is fine by me, but I might TRY to convince her to let me make this uber-yummy Bon Appetit recipe that I made a few years ago: Potato Gratin with Mushrooms and Gruyère: Recipe: bonappetit.com , instead of the standard mashed potatoes. We normally also make maque choux - which is a cajun corn dish.

And of course, is any T-day celebration complete without cranberry sauce from the can? I mean - it comes with little slice marks and everything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search