So in 1 1/2 weeks......

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DawnVH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
if I go into labor I can officially have my c section at our local hospital with my doctor! YAY! Had my 34 (1/2) week appt today and he told me if I can make it 1 1/2 more weeks on bedrest I can officially have the baby at our local hospital (otherwise if I go earlier I have to go an hour away where there is a NICU) so I'm still hanging in there. Baby is really low at this point and I'm quite uncomfortable. Today my 17 mo old daughter was sick and my 2 1/2 year old has a cold so my husband stayed home from work since I couldn't have him take the kids to daycare and noone else was available to watch the kids. My mom is watching the kids tomorrow and friday, but she has to sub teach in the afternoon so I am not sure what we will do about that. Guess I will have to try and make due for 4 hours. She said she can actually come after she gets out of school so it would be more like 3 1/2 hours I would have to make due. At least that is during naptime for one of my children and my son is pretty independent if I give him a movie to watch with me in bed or get some books out. I'm crossing my fingers it will go ok.

I asked the doctor if I was allowed to go an hour away for thanksgiving and he told me absolutely since I'll be 37 weeks the next day. Thank goodness....maybe it will be my last supper C section is scheduled still for Dec 7 but he knows I won't make it that long. I told him I would see him on black Friday.

Tomorrow I have a cervical length ultrasound. He didn't check for dilation today even though I am quite positive there have been some radical changes down there but he didn't want to irritate anything to send me into contractions since obviously the ultrasound will show us if the cervix is opening and how far the funneling has gone to.

I'm actually kind of hoping in a week and a half something happens (I know obviously it would be best to go longer, but all my children have arrived at 37 weeks) We are so broke right now with me being off work since 22 weeks of pregnancy so it would at least get me to work sooner.
Karenna likes this.
November 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, not much longer! Esp since your other two came at 37 weeks - that is only 2 1/2 weeks away. When do you get to go off bed rest?
November 8th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Wow, getting so close! Exciting!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

November 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I'm taking myself off on Thanksgiving Day That would put me a day before 37 weeks, so even though the doctor said I can go in a week and a half, since that's only 36 weeks, I'm going to try and stay in bed as much as I can to go a little longer

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search