34 Week appt & NST update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By taatie10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Had my 34 week OB appt along with my weekly NST today.

Had my NST first. Of course Samantha was sleeping, after stimulation with the buzzer she woke up and moved about 4 times then back to sleep she went. After an hour on the NST it was borderline reactive. But I had to have a BPP (bio physical profile US) because there were 2 or 3 decels in her heartrate. It was in the 130s and dipped down to 100-105 in the decels except one dipped below 100.
BPP- Amniotic Fluid was 13.8cm, right in the normal range; Sam got a score of 8/8 It took about 20 minutes but she was able to get her to wake up and move so she could get the last 2 points for movement. All great news, she just wants to be difficult. Also found that she is head down.

Dr's appt was good. I've gained 3lbs since my visit 2 weeks ago. I am keeping my growth US and NST on Monday. I dont see my DR that day but she will be there to talk to me if growth comes back not so good.
We talked a little about delivery plans but she said no point in talking about that until we get the US on Monday.
So I'm scheduled to see her nurse practioner the Tues before Thanksgiving but there is a chance I can see my OB instead. I would just so rather see my OB with the stuff that going on but she was super packed.

My friend in the office, gave me copies of the Nov & Dec on call schedule so I know what dates are possible for inductions

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by taatie10; November 7th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
November 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That all sounds pretty great. I'm glad she's doing well and that she's head down, yay Sam! How awesome is it that you have the on call schedule, big perk!

Little brother!
November 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
It all turned out good. I was kinda freaked out when I saw her heart rate do those decels. I knew that wasnt normal.
Yes I'm totally excited that I got the copies of the schedule. Its a no no to give patients typically but since I used to work there, she snuck them to me today.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
November 7th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad things are looking good! I know how scary the decels can be... we discovered at my last couple of appointments that Regan's HR drops when I lie on my back... so we're not doing that any more! Not even for a couple of minutes!

November 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Glad everything looked good!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search