True or False (11/8)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
True! but I l only washed them 2 days ago. That Dreft Detergent is expensive!!

Yes, you should wash all babies clothes and blankets, sheets, ect before you use them even if they're new. I also read you should not use fabric softener or dryer sheets because they reduce the flame resistant properties in the clothing and bedding. I thought that was weird because I use dryer sheets with every load I do, but I wont with the baby stuff I guess.
November 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
True... all the blankets, towels, linens and clothes up to 6 months - which was all I could fit in her closet and dresser! I haven't washed the bigger clothes that I tubbed up, or prepped all the cloth diapers.

November 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
False....that is at the top of my to do list for this weekend. All the tags are off though and everything is separated into piles, so it is a work in progress!

November 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Sort of true. I've washed about two newborn outfits just in case (will return the others pending how big she is so left tags on), and a bunch of her 0-3 month stuff. We definitely have enough clean clothes, onesies, blankets, sheets, etc. to get us through two weeks or so before I'll have to do more of her laundry. (Plus, I've got my mom on standby with a bottle of Dreft ) I just didn't want to get too far ahead and end up washing stuff we don't get a chance to use.

November 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
True.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
November 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After reading this I will be washing all of her things before putting them on her. What does everyone know about Dreft? Is it THAT important or can I just use my normal laundry detergent?

November 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
True- I washed most of them about 2 months ago so I could put them away. And all the new ones we've gotten are washed also.
Even washed the 9-24mos ones that are in a rubbermaid tub it was easier than trying to separate them before washing them.

Brenna- I have washed all new clothes but that is because I have very sensitive skin and dont want to chance anything irritating LO if she has my skin and gets my eczema also.
Any laundry detergent that is Free of dyes & perfumes is fine. Its the same thing as Dreft but normally cheaper. I have used the same detergent for her stuff as mine & DH's. Which is, All Free & Clear and then Downy Free & Clear for fabric softener.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by taatie10; November 8th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
November 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnbot View Post
After reading this I will be washing all of her things before putting them on her. What does everyone know about Dreft? Is it THAT important or can I just use my normal laundry detergent?
I'm not using Dreft. I think any detergent is fine. I am using All Free & Clear though, just in case she has any skin irritations.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search