QOTD: Nesting

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Who is in nesting mode? What have you done lately?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

November 8th, 2012, 06:14 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Never happened to me last time, I doubt it will happen this time. I'm not the nesting type lol
November 8th, 2012, 06:50 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I REALLY wish I could get into nesting mode!! I still have so much in the house that I need to get done but I am always just so tired or not feeling well. I thought I would get more motivated to get things done after I had my shower but as of yet I haven't gotten the motivation. DH is really busy with school right now because he is trying to get everything in order in case he misses something due to the baby being born, so he isn't getting the things done like painting and hanging shelves that I need him to do. He swears he will get it done though so I am doing my best not to stress out about it all and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy.

November 8th, 2012, 06:54 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not in nesting mode at the moment, but this whole last month I have been. I think I'm too tired now!
November 8th, 2012, 06:55 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nesting is over with for the time being...I had an early spurt at about weeks 30-32...and now it's done. It'd be great if I had another spurt of energy, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

November 8th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep waiting for this burst of energy that everyone keeps telling me I will get. I don't remember if I got it or not with the other two. But lord knows I need it now.

Daffney

November 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A few weeks ago I had a mini-nesting experience but nothing since then. I don't even feel like moving now. I feel like I could sleep all day.

November 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Im not nesting either I feel beter today than I have.in weeks sooo maybe its comming

November 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm gonna be forced to go into nesting mode next weekend when we move! I have no choice. haha

November 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I do! We're moving on Saturday (hopefully), so mostly I've been packing and getting things organized for an easy move. I can't wait until we're there and I can get the nursery all set up
November 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm really hoping the nesting urge kicks in after next week when I'll be done with work. I really want to tackle the whole house and give it a good cleaning before Sophia comes and I know I won't want to do any type of cleaning for awhile.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

November 8th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Super Mommy
I've had a reprieve (sp?) of fatigue this week and part of last. In fact, I've been sleeping for 3-5 hours and getting up at the butt crack of dawn to go into the craft room and clean! I've been going through boxes of my junk to sell/give away over the next few days/weeks so I have more room to set up an actual room for Alex. It's been driving me absolutely BONKERS not being able to set up ANYTHING for him. Except for his carseat. I have that installed and I'm taking it to get checked today when DH gets home. I want to set up his pack n play so I have some feeling of a space for him. It breaks my heart that he is coming and i haven't had anything done for him.
November 8th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had bouts of nesting but right now I feel so so tired. I don't know what's going on but seven thirty hits and I just can't stay awake anymore!! So- no to nesting but yes to napping

November 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post
It's been driving me absolutely BONKERS not being able to set up ANYTHING for him. Except for his carseat. I have that installed and I'm taking it to get checked today when DH gets home. I want to set up his pack n play so I have some feeling of a space for him. It breaks my heart that he is coming and i haven't had anything done for him.
I feel the same way. We don't have a room set up for this baby like we did for Kaylee. This baby wasn't planned, and I feel like if he ever knew that we weren't super prepapred like we were last time he will think that it's because we weren't as excited and didn't want him as much. Which obviously isn't true, we're just twice as busy now that we already have a baby... but it still makes me sad.

We bought the furniture, but since the room for him is in unliveable condition right now we don't have anywhere to put any of it. I am contemplating setting up just the dresser in his room so we can at least wash and fold clothes - and hey, maybe HAVE somewhere to put the clothes instead of bags on the floor?

But yes, I totally know how you feel. I feel just awful about it, too.
November 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I am a yes and no to that question. I am starting to panic about all of the cleaning and organizing I still want to do before LO shows up but I don't have the energy to do much lately. I come home after work and if I happen to hit that couch before I do anything I am done for the night. I am hoping this weekend being the long weekend that I can rest up and give the house a good cleaning!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
November 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the drive to nest but absolutely no energy to do so. Also in too much pain. Oh well, it will all get done eventually.
taatie10 likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

November 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the nesting instinct but have zero energy to do anything about it.
taatie10 likes this.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

November 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any energy right now to be nesting. I want to get things done but would rather nap when my son naps in the afternoon. :/. It's horrible.... I'm so sleepy. I'm hoping I perk up soon!
November 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I am, but I dont have enough energy to do what I want.

I am working on cleaning & sterilizing all the bottles & binki's the past 2 nights but I've fallen asleep on the couch by 9pm
Tonight I will be working on organizing her room.

Then this weekend I will be mopping the floors (been dying to ), probably vaccum the whole house while I'm at it. Hopefully I dont do too much & pay for it. Along with tackling the list of To do's for LO.

November 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
I feel the same way. We don't have a room set up for this baby like we did for Kaylee. This baby wasn't planned, and I feel like if he ever knew that we weren't super prepapred like we were last time he will think that it's because we weren't as excited and didn't want him as much. Which obviously isn't true, we're just twice as busy now that we already have a baby... but it still makes me sad.

We bought the furniture, but since the room for him is in unliveable condition right now we don't have anywhere to put any of it. I am contemplating setting up just the dresser in his room so we can at least wash and fold clothes - and hey, maybe HAVE somewhere to put the clothes instead of bags on the floor?

But yes, I totally know how you feel. I feel just awful about it, too.
Alex wasn't planned either. I'm so glad I'm not alone on this whole unpreparedness thing!
I've been cleaning in the craft room and making more room for his stuff but won't be putting his dresser up there until we move to the new house. I plan on using the plastic drawers i used to keep my craft stuff (not very) oraganized in. I just have to put everything in there right now into a box for better storage. Right now all of his clothes are washed, dried, and folded into those really super handy space bags that vacuum tight and small. I felt that was the easiest way for me to keep from feeling like i needed to clean them all over again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search