If one more person...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hilhillrn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
If one more person makes a comment like "Wow, are you sure it's not twins?" or "You look like you're due any day!" or "That baby is going to be huge!" I'm going to snap. I especially hate the "I bet you'll go early" comments. For one, I'm measuring right where I should. Caleb is the perfect size, and I haven't gained any excess weight. For two, I still have 6 or so weeks. Stop planting the idea that I could go early. I don't need to start hoping for an early labor. I'd rather assume I'll be two weeks over and mentally prep for that, then be hopeful for an early labor and have it not happen. Ugh. Do people just instinctively say stupid things to pregnant women?

Okay, rant over.
November 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could have written that myself!! I get that anywhere I go!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

November 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amen to this post!! My work has a pool for my due date and not oe single person picked anything in December! All of them are even before turkey day. Now my heart is really hoping for early delivery... Grrr to you all!

November 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
its ok... i think they are just trying to come up with something to say and most the time it comes off being offensive....
I work in a retail store that we have very regular customers. Most of the questions are about how much longer. But we do have a truck driver that we see about every other week that asked me if i was about to pop last week? Seriously??? and then he asked if the DH was driving me around? whats up with that?

Also i think people don't really know remember how big their family members/ friends get near the end and it kinda freaks them out that we can grow that much in such a small amount of time.

November 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too am having loads of people tell me that they’re SURE I’m going to go early, and I will agree that I kind of hate this too. It’s not that I mind people pointing out the fact that I’m large and in charge these days, I do love the belly. It’s absolutely about the fact that they are subconsciously planting the idea in my head that I WILL go early.

It’s so bad here that we actually had a work meeting today to make sure that my replacement during my time off has already learned everything that she needs to know – so that if I go early…well, you know where I’m going with this. My boss is sure that I’m going to pop while he’s off for his annual 2 week hunting trip this month.

While I’m not opposed to the idea of going a wee bit early (like say a week), I’d be horrified if it happened the 2-3 weeks everyone is expecting. (Everyone apart from my doctor – who is the only person that really matters on this topic, IMO.) Firstly because I want BW2 to cook as long as possible, and secondly because I have so much work stuff to do between now and then! Oh, and thirdly because it would throw off my already very detailed maternity leave plans, and I would have to recalculate my return to work date. The last is admittedly not the end of the world, but math is not my strong suit; it took me a good week to figure out my estimated return to work date the first time around.

November 8th, 2012, 10:10 AM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
Im what you call "skinny pregnant". The only part of me that looks pregnant is my belly, but the rest of me looks the same as it did 8 months ago. I literally look like I shoved a yoga ball up under my shirt so I've been getting the "wow, any day now huh" and "it must be twins" comments since I was about 5 months. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with my daughter. Some lady actually said "wow, you're only 6 months? You're so FAT! You must be having twins!" NO JOKE, SHE CALLED ME FAT!!! People are stupid!
November 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Seriously? I guess I'm lucky that I haven't really gotten any comments, good or bad, from strangers. I'm sure that would get old really fast.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

November 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Maggie, my boss asked me the other day if my replacement was fully trained, since I could go into labor any day. Umm yeah... we're really not to the "you could go any day" phase of pregnancy yet.
November 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Really, just enjoy it! You will miss the belly when it is gone.

Seriously, though, this bub is measuring 2 weeks ahead and I get comments a lot but honestly I love it! And people are dumb, how big you look/are has zero to do with if you will go early or not. Ive just never minded the comments, it means theres a baby in there and Im quite proud of that.
Amari likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

November 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I have the opposite problem.
Everyone keeps commenting how "small" I am.
I really don't think I'm that same either.
My belly is measuring for where I am. I have a long torso, so belly has more room to grow up before it grows out.
Also I did see something where women with anterior placentas may be appear small, due to having more room inside for baby to fill back towards organs and such....
My midwife keep completing my belly... She's been the only one who hasn't been commenting on its "size".
Can I smack the next person who goes "oh you don't even look pregnant!" Or "you obviously aren't eating enough for your baby" or "it's disgusting how small you are!" ?????

November 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Getting the same comments here! It is getting annoying, but I don't think people realize they are saying hurtful things. I am also getting tired of the boy/girl comments. Things like oh you are all belly it MUST be a boy...or...Your face looks different it MUST be a girl...seriously how does a litte penis or lack thereof change the shape of your face or belly...sigh.
I am also sick of the you have three girls, your husband must be PRAYING for a boy. Why would anyone think that is that okay to say?
Again...I don't think they realize it is hurtful...but it is annoying just the same.

Our family is complete

November 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhartanya View Post
Also I did see something where women with anterior placentas may be appear small, due to having more room inside for baby to fill back towards organs and such....
My mom had an anterior placenta both times, and people used to say the same things to her. Everyone was shocked when her babies were normal sized.
November 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
I've been getting all those! Actually a dear friend and co-worker is just 6 days past my edd, so we can't walk down the hall together without getting comments like "look there's the waddle twins," or "gosh it's hard to pass both of you at the same time." I've also been getting all the "you could go any time," "you're about to pop," "are you sure it's not twins," yada yada yada!

But here's the kicker! I had another co-worker stop me in the hall, and here's what she said: "You must be getting close to delivery, your nose is spreading." Huuuuu??? That's a sure fire way to make ole preggo feel good! The only thing I could say was "Oh, is that what that means?"
November 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Oh the other comment I hate is "Oh shut up, your so tiny, quit your complaining".
Apparently because Im "so tiny" Im not allowed to make any mention of my morning sickness, heart burn, or kicks/punches or head butts to body parts.

November 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I get similar comments all the time. Mind you I have big children and always have a huge belly, but still -- I don't get why people feel they have to comment. In the past few weeks, I have had strangers come up to me and ask me when I am due. When I tell them, they get this horrified look on their faces and they proceed to tell me that they thought I was having a baby any day because I was so big. Even family members and friends make comments. Ugh! But.... oh well! I'm big... yes, I know.... get over it! That is what I really want to say to them.

Nicole

Proud mom to Declan (7/2008), Nolan (11/2010) & baby Emmett (12/2012)
November 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, who was it that shared their pregnancy picture in another thread months ago, where we all shared our previous pregnancy pics? Her belly just stuck straight out, it was unreal, I thought it was AWESOME!!!! LOL I would love to have a belly like that!!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

November 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Peoples comments really don't bother me at all. Thank goodness.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search