for those who have had a spinal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that's what is probably causing the headaches but should my back still be hurting after two weeks??? And i still have numbness around my csection scar. I got a little forgetful at the Dr Monday and forgot to ask...tia

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

November 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I think Ita different for everyone. The numbness will last quite awhile around your incision area...the headache is probably definitely from the spinal and I'd ask about your back. I remember my back hurting but not for that long and it was from all my weight shifting back
November 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree....the numbness around the scar is normal. The headache however is not. I would call your doc about that. Worse case scenario you may have a slight cerebrospina lfluid leak that may need to be patched. Better to get it checked out. When I've had my epidurals, my back was sore when I pressed on it, but I never had pain other than that.

Our family is complete

November 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had bad pain after Jakob which sucked even more since it didn't work so it was a waste. When I had my fibroids removed and tubes untied I had a spinal instead of general and the headaches were horrible. When I would stand up I just felt off ans had a pulling sensation. My incision was numb for a few weeks then when it started healing it itched like crazy and was sore. If the headache does not go away I would call the dr. Are you getting enough water since you are pumping? Dehydration can make for killer headaches.

November 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I didn't have the continual headaches...however, the numbness around the incision....like everyone else mentioned is normal. In fact.......there are areas around my scar that have never regained feeling due to the nerve endings probably being damaged or whatnot. It's kind of a weird feeling.....I think it's funny I can pinch around my incision and not feel a dang thing. (I've had two sections on the same scarline)
November 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I had extended numbness around my incision -- I think that is totally normal. I didn't experience the back pain you are describing so I would question the dr. on that and also mention the headaches. I have heard of spinal headaches associated with the spinal, but I don't know much about them (other than I was terrified I would get them). Good luck!

Nicole

Proud mom to Declan (7/2008), Nolan (11/2010) & baby Emmett (12/2012)
November 8th, 2012, 08:27 PM
The headache hasn't stopped since they were born but i always heard it is normal but my back has been the biggest trouble. I know some of it is weight shifting back(i dropped 10lbs from prepregnancy weight and like 50 from end of pregnancy. And i also have been doing a lot of cleaning trying to get ready for them to come home. O will try to call tomorrow but grayson may be getting out and i have to go get loreleis temporary car seat. Thanks for letting me know imnot crazy.

November 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I also have had lots of numbness and it hasn't ever fully returned but it does slowly come back some. I don't recall the headaches/backaches but it could be a symptom of either the spinal or weight loss or even stress & fatigue. I'd say if it doesn't improve soon, ask the doctor to check it out. I hope you feel better soon.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 9th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks. There is defiantly a lot of stress going on. I had to stop pumping because apparently it causes a boost in the same hormones as bc and it causes a lot of problems. Fatige,dizziness throwing up,almost passed out a few times and tmi horrible diarrhea. But they have him on special prematurefood and she will be if her newborn test comes back clean. But hopefully they will both be home soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search