Cloth diaper brag here*lots of pics added further down page*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I totally scored 10 Good Mama fitteds for $10 shipped! They are all in great condition but the lady, a girl from the cloth diaper group that Landon'sMommy referred me too(love this group!), is done with them and didn't feel like listing them all separately. I seriously could sell them for $25-35 WHEN I'M DONE with them! Also bought 2 other dipes that are also great for $10 each. I'll post pics when I get them

So far I have:
A ton of prefolds(like 6 dozen I think) & 18 covers for when newborn
24 OS Sunbaby pockets w/ 48 inserts
12 OS fitted GMs(had purchased 2 prior to this)
2 Blueberry OS pockets w/ Thirsties inserts
4 OS Fuzzibunz Elite pockets w/ 2 inserts each
1 Baby Kicks OS hemp fitted
1 Piddle Poddles OS w/ new insert
1 Cutey Baby OS pocket(Thank you Ashleigh!)
1 Flip OS cover (Again, Thanks Ashleigh!)

I will need more covers but otherwise I am so beyond set on dipes. Don't tell dh though lol...may find more good deals lol I am also having my mom make my wipes right now since she has my serger. I'm not sure how many I will have with the 4 yards of flannel I bought but I'll just make more as I need them.

Anyone else want to share how their stash is coming along?
Shades of Grey likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Last edited by Gripstress; November 18th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
November 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So awesome, Rebecca! Nothing is better than better a fantastic deal. Your diaper stash seems absolutely ample, you have some great stuff and a lot of it.
I'm all good on diapers since I had 2 in diapers at one point. It really beefed up my stash - I think I have enough for twins.
Gripstress likes this.
November 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I bet you do! This is my first time doing cloth so I had to start from scratch but I've been very lucky to find awesome deals. Thank you!
gardenbelle likes this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats an awesome deal and a great stash! And youre welcome

I just did a load of new citybaby/babyland diapers yesterday. I know they have pretty mixed reviews but I paid about $2 each brand new so I thought it would be worth a shot. I need to be making inserts now...

Ive been procrastinating organizing and inventorying everything. Over the next week, Ill have it done. My sister is now in England so I have a free room and dresser to use for all the baby stuff thats been tucked in various places in my bedroom. So I'll get back to ya on my stash
gardenbelle and Gripstress like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yay I can't wait to hear/see what ya got. I haven't heard of those diapers so I looked them up. They look good to me...seems like if you make the inserts they will work great.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
The biggest complaint Ive seen about them is that the quality can be hit and miss. Not a bad $2 gamble though I think if the inserts are decent, it should be ok.
Gripstress likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
That's what they say about the Sunbaby and Kawaii and Alva etc...my Sunbabies look great so who knows. At $2 you can't really lose. How many did you get of them?
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
So far my stash includes 18 fitted Kissaluvs Sz 0, and I have 6 covers of various brands.
I have some Bummis Prefolds on the way and some more covers and a couple AIOs that will fit a wee one (as Meve is expected to be small).
I need some more prefolds both is newborn sizes and infant sizes.
We will manly be doing prefolds and the adding pockets, AIOs, Fitted as we go and find what works.

It's hard finding good deals as I'm in Canada and everyone charges a lot for shipping.

November 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I have 7 of them. I just bought one Alva and 4 sunbabies also.

November 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome deal on them. I have a similar pattern that I want to make up but then realized DH hates fitteds and he'll be doing most of the changes come 10w.

My stash is BORING right now.
5 dozen infant prefolds. (accidently bought 3 dozen of the same size I already had and didn't know I did).
2 bummis covers (emergency use only since I really hate PUL on nbs).
4 fleece covers (4 more cut out and I hope to finish tomorrow). My favorite for NB
2 fleece sacks covers. I may make another few if I can find tops to match.
14 small La-Di-Da pockets finished (3 more to do once I get elastic)
4 small Fattycakes pockets

I have to make another 10 pockets but I'll wait until she comes. I have 3 other patterns to try but wasn't sure smalls wouldn't be too big and NB will be too small.

I also need to make inserts. I have 15 so far. Need at least another 30. (I use them for all sizes as second inserts since I usually have really heavy wetters.)

Quote:
It's hard finding good deals as I'm in Canada and everyone charges a lot for shipping.
Have you tried Assunta . I've been ordering snaps and such from her for years. She offers free shipping to Canada. Her OS pockets and fitteds and covers have really good feedback. The profits help a local orphanage in China that she has been sewing for.

November 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM
What do you make your inserts from?

November 17th, 2012, 04:34 PM
The Truth is out There
Wow, that's great! I love finding good deals!

My stash so far is
3 Thirsties Covers (6-18lb) (Got these from the Thirsties FB group, and only paid $15 for all 3!)
10 Gerber Prefolds (NB-24mo)
1 Sunbaby (size 1)

I still intend to get more of the Gerber prefolds, and a bunch more Sunbabies, since that's going to make up the majority of our stash. But I'm not using Sunbabies during the NB stage (heard they don't work well for that) so I'm not in a rush for those.
So really, other than getting more Gerber prefolds, I'm set. I figure I can wipe down the covers, unless they're super gross, so 3 should work. Who knows, I might eat my words.

November 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Great stashes guys Sorry about the troubles with shipping, Meghan I really wish my sewing skills were good enough to make dipes but alas they are not.

Brittany-Have you looked into other brands of prefolds? I hear wonderful things about the Cloth-eez and they aren't too spendy. Try Green Mountain Diapers: Cloth diapers and diaper covers for baby if interested...great site for info too.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Last edited by Gripstress; November 17th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
November 18th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Do you have a wet bag or two? I have been trying to decide on what I want to order...

November 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Yes I have 2 large pail liners and 3 small wetbags, one w/ zipper, two w/ drawstrings. I know I'm going to like the zippered one more. Also, I have 2 1/2 rolls of liners(the lady threw in the partial), 10 snappis(bought as group new but resale or I wouldn't have bought so many), 1 diaper sprayer(new)...I think that's all of it. I also have 10 prefolds sewn into fitteds but not sure I'll use those...they seem really stiff. I should take some pics of what I do have. Let me try out my camera and see if I can load pics from that. Be back in a bit.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

November 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Pic heavy lol

First, Kushies liners, snappis, 1 dozen Imagine small(Green edge), 5-6 dozen Imagine newborn prefolds(Orange edge) and 1 dozen small Imagines turned into newborn fitteds:

Balance of prefolds, 18 Thirsties covers newborn(2 of them are small Duo covers), 24 Sunbabies & 48 bamboo inserts:

Probably really a medium size, Planet wise zippered wetbag, cute print:

2 small drawstring Kushies wetbags(came in pack together):

1 large Planet Wise green elastic band pail liner:

1 large Thirsties white drawstring pail liner:

2 Minky Blueberry pocket diapers, one pink, one tie-dye purple:

2 Good Mama fitteds(love these!) in nearly new condition. One teal skulls, one orange striped:

4Fuzzibunz Elite pockets w/ 2 liners each, 2 raspberry, 1 blue, 1 green:

1 Cutey Baby pocket, pink checkered & 1 Flip cover, Einstein print(taken w/ much better camera):

1 Handy Spray diaper sprayer:

And a "bonus" pic of the rack of receiving blankets, baby towels, burp cloths, wash cloths, etc.

Will add pics of the other 10 GMs & 2 other dipes when I get them. And will have a pic of my wipes when I get them back from my mom. She made them yesterday and had enough material for 39 washcloths(8x8 double sided flannel) and a bonus burp cloth Thanks for looking!
Shades of Grey likes this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Last edited by Gripstress; November 18th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
November 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice I LOVE the one with skull and crossbones on it...too cute!
Gripstress likes this.

Our family is complete

November 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awesome setup. You have enough for twins

Quote:
What do you make your inserts from?
I prefer hemp fleece though for NB/Smalls I'm using cotton fleece and sherpa only because I have it already. Leaving my hemp for medium/larges when they pee more. I also have bamboo fleece and bamboo hemp to try this time. 3 layers are needed for inserts. From 1 yard, I usually get 4-5 inserts. Takes less than an hour to make them. Worth it to make your own if you have a serger.
Gripstress likes this.

November 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I was also going to say i love the teal skulls! I really like how you have them organized too. I so wish I had another closet!
Gripstress likes this.

November 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
... I'm thinking of getting some flats... Love the different ways they can be folded!
Gripstress likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search