what was I thinking?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By ash29nc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2012, 07:36 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
As some of you might remember my sister has been really sick so I get all gungho and plan this huge family thanksgiving not thinking your gna be 38 almost 39 weeks prego, im suppose to be cooking for about 30 people
Just going to the grocery store to buy the stuff with my 3 year old and.comming home putting stuff away has me exhausted! Maybe lil girl will come tues or wednesday and someone else like my mom or mil can do the cooking oh a girl.can dream

November 19th, 2012, 07:55 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat as you, but not as big of a crowd. We are hosting 15 for dinner and I'm kind of hoping the excitement of the day puts me into labor and I have the baby on Friday. Maybe we can both hope for that together!
I've assigned different entrees and sides to each guest to lighten the load on myself. Everyone understands considering how far along I am so I think it shouldn't be too much of a burden. Maybe you could dump some of the sides onto some family members?
DawnVH likes this.

November 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I like that idea too. I'm sure that your family would be happy to oblige you in your situation!
November 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not even cooking and its just my group of 5. I would love to have a big Thanksgiving dunner but I'm too tired and my kids don't eat most of the Thanksgiving food anyway. I would definately ask someone for help. Even if they just stopped by the day ahead to help with prep it would still be a big help to you.

November 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!

If it were me I'd either have everyone bring something, or I'd enlist a lot of help. Are your mom and MIL already on standby? If so, I'd tell them that you're really tired, you don't want to overdo it, and ask them if they'd take the lead. Then you could help as you feel up to it, but not have the whole thing on your shoulders. Also, do you have volunteers to help you clean up? Getting through the cooking is one thing, it's always the clean up that gets me.
November 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Wow, I don't know how you girls who are hosting and doing a bunch of cooking for Thanksgiving are doing it. I would definitely ask others to help. I'm thankfully just needing to make a dessert.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

November 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom lives out of town an will hopefully be here tm or early wednesday, and my mil agreed to make 3 dishes ive been calling other fam an askin if they had planned on bring a dish that anything they want to contribute is welcome!
gardenbelle likes this.

November 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I'm hosting Christmas (due date is Dec 29) and Im really hoping I can make it til then. I would be so sad to not only miss Christmas but ruin it for everyone.

November 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not pregnant now but im still thinking hosting was a bad idea with twins,20 month old,and trying to get the house in order so i cant imagine being that far along doing it. Hope you get lots of help

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

November 19th, 2012, 10:17 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO....I had everyone pretty much convinced that we were going to do T-day at my mom's (who as you will recall lives next door) - so that I'd be able to have my inlaws, but not have the burden of cleaning/cooking everything myself.

Alas, a death in the family means that my parents are hightailing it to Florida - a trip that at 37 weeks I cannot join them on, which means that everyone is coming to my house instead. Ugh....
November 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I put my foot down quite a while ago and said "no way, no how are we hosting or making plans for any holidays this year." I felt kind of bad, cuz people are used to coming to our house... but they've been very understanding. My in-laws are going to my SIL's and my mom is making dinner for us at her house... I did say that I'd make a couple of dishes, but between not knowing when baby girl is going to come and this cold that's now had me in bed for five days, I'm really glad I didn't offer more!

November 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
The Truth is out There
I am only making Rolls, and some of the pies, but that alone is more than I can do.
The rolls I'm making require 5 1/2 lbs of flour- (I'm having to triple the recipe because of the amount of people coming, comes out to about 22 cups)

November 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im cooking on T'giving but its just going to be for us and then MIL. I just go with the easy stuff... Turkey, boxed dressing, canned cranberry sauce, and then all that other throw-a-bunch-of-cans-together-to-make-a-casserole stuff. The biggest thing Ill do probably is make mashed potatoes, haha.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search