hey everyone need advice

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran
hey i was in the DDC with you all when i was pregnant with my son zaiden.... as a recap my name is kirsten my son was born on valentines! he is my one and only child at this point hopefully soon will decide to have another.... anyways how long did or do you guys plan on breast feeding???? my son now has two bottom teeth one top tooth and he supplements with formula but now he mainly breast feeds for napping hes gotten used to the bottle.... my problems is he is now biting and not a little nibble i mean hard, he even made me bleed! every time i breast feed him i worry about him biting and im not sure what to do because i was planning on breast feeding for a year but this biting thing is ridiculous!!!!! i tried tapping my finger on his cheek and saying no but he just looked and me and bit me again, ive yelled ouch when hes done it and nothing is working... any advice?!?!?!?!
November 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain...Evan has eight teeth and bites me almost every day (but not every feeding). Sometimes it hurts so much I cry. If he bites towards the end of a feeding, I just stop and tell him no more. If I know he's not done drinking - or if I'm "full" and don't want him to be done - I stop the feeding for a minute or two and then resume.

I wasn't planning on BFing this long, and I'd love to stop, but he's a total boob man still and I can't bring myself to deny him the boob yet...

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

November 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Veteran
lol that is soooo zaiden big boob man lol..... my son just loves food period he cries when his meal is finished poor guy i hope he grows out of it though... i wish i could just cut him off the boob cold turkey but i couldn't do that to him..... i just wish there is a way to teach him not to bite..... your little guys are soooo cute btw
November 29th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Good to hear from you. =) Winter was born on Valentine's, too! She tried to start biting me a while back, or gumming me as it were. About the third time she did it, I just popped her off and put her on the floor. Told her, "No biting." Broke her little heart! lol A couple minutes later I let her back on, and she hasn't bit down since.

I read that taking them off immediately and saying "No!" was the way to handle it. Worked for us, and luckily Winter Rose caught on quick.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
November 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Veteran
i usually pop him off and say "no biting" and the first time i did that he started crying and my mistake i smiled and said "its okay you just cant bit" so it became a game to him lol. i still pop him off and say no, ive tried not letting him have the boob once he bites nothing ive tried works.....
November 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sounds like my first. She only bit while she was teething, but nothing worked. I ended up just blowing in her face a bunch. Since she had to eat and would still chomp down, whenever she would start I'd blow in her face. She'd stop for a bit, try again, and get blown on again.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
November 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire only bites when she has teeth coming in. She hasn't gotten a tooth lately so she hasn't done it in a month or so. I usually say "no biting" in a stern voice and take the boob away. They can't bite while they're actually nursing so I keep aware of when she's really eating and when she's just comfort sucking or playing around. Once she's done eating I usually take her off if she's been biting.

November 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I kind of wish I had your problem! Robby has been on a nursing strike for 9 or 10 days now; AF returned, and before I even knew that was the problem, Robby was rejecting the boob. I was really hoping to go for the full year and then start slowly weaning. I'm pretty sure he is never going to go back to nursing (he's pretty adamant about rejecting it every time I offer, and I've gone days without offering, and AF is gone now so the flavor should be back to normal), and I really, REALLY miss it; been crying pretty much every day. Plus exclusive pumping sucks. I wish I was the one itching to wean!

I think that blowing on their faces or taking them off the boob when they bite are the most effective methods; Robby "bit" me a couple of times before he had teeth, and I stopped it then so that when he did get teeth he would hopefully already know not to do it. He already knew what "no" meant, and he only did it twice. I hope it gets better for you!

November 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Veteran
thanks for the advice guys ill keep working on it! but i think this guy is going to be stubborn lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search