Poop Problems

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter is having a horrible time pooping. She poops everyday, sometimes twice, but every time she goes she is left with a swollen, bloody booty. I have cut out anything iron fortified. I'm only feeding her fruits, veggies, breast milk, and juice. She's still doing it! I almost feel like I need to lube her up with some Crisco or something to see if that helps matters. I think she has hemorrhoids. The rest of us never get this tough poop problem. Any suggestions?
December 2nd, 2012, 04:32 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Poor baby! I think I would try to feed her some slightly watered-down prune juice and maybe try to introduce water. Robby was having problems pooping a few months back, so I started giving him water at meals and he drinks about 10 oz per day now (4 oz each at lunch and dinner, and probably 2 thru the day), and his poops go real well for him, lol. It hasn't affected his appetite for boob juice. I hope she feels better soon!

December 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, well I do give her water as well. I have since 6 months. She just suddenly decided to be constipated. Her doctor told me to just cut out iron fortified and bread, but the bread was because of her allergies. No wheat for her or me. Said she'd still get it when she nurses. =P

Just tried the prune juice, but she didn't seem too into it. Hopefully she'll take a little more. I also bought her baby prunes last night. We'll see how that goes later.
December 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope she feels better soon There's nothing worse than being constipated!

December 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
She doesn't like prune juice much, but she'll suck down orange juice. Watered down orange juice. Sugary, though! Guess it can't hurt. Her weight is in the 50th percentile, height in the 98th. Couple pounds might even her out.
December 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Poor baby. I hope her bum heals up quick and her poop loosens up!
Spyctre likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor girl! Claire has gotten constipated before too and it just came out of the blue. It was never as severe as it seems Winter's case is with the bleeding butt, but she would have hard poops for a week or so. I cut her solids way back and limited her to only poop friendly foods and nothing seemed to help. Then it just went away.

December 5th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I hope that's what happens with Winter! She did better pooping yesterday. Her butt wasn't swollen after, but it was slightly red. Redder than should be. Maybe she just needed more juice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search