Toys in the crib?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Robby wakes up every morning at 2 and again at 5. He doesn't need to eat until anywhere from 6-8 am. He used to eat at 2, but doesn't want to eat anymore at that time so I think his body is just used to getting up at that hour. I usually change him and put him back to bed, but he gets aggravated and wants to play. I was wondering whether it's ok at this age for him to have a few toys in his crib to keep him occupied; maybe he won't even cry and need to be checked on? I would just use books and things that aren't likely to suffocate him. I know at some point kids start having toys in their cribs, but just don't know what the age is exactly when that happens?

December 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am already guilty of doing it. lol I put very small stuffed animals in there. She moves her face if something is in the way of her breathing.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
December 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I personally wouldn't do it, not because of suffocation but because I would worry that would encourage a baby to stay up in the middle of the night...idk though. I try to not let her play in the crib because I compare it to an adult bed...I've always heard the bed should just be used for sleep & sex so there is a clear association; it's supposed to improve your quality of sleep.

December 5th, 2012, 12:19 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think having toys in the crib at this age is a big deal. As long as it isn't huge stuffed animals I think it's fine from the suffocation standpoint. I put the bumpers back on our crib recently because she was rolling into the bars and waking herself up. She also sleeps with a blanket.

December 5th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter ends up with several blankets a night because she'll get covered, roll from under it, get covered with a second, kick it half way off...

She actually doesn't play much with her stuffed animals. I take her play toys out. When Winter sucks her fingers she likes to rub something soft with her other hand or squeeze a small stuffed animal. Sucking her fingers normally gets her back to sleep. The stuffed animals are her version of Linus's Blanket.

Many of her pictures are now taken this way because those fingers are constantly in her mouth!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

December 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aubree sleeps with a ducky and a blanket. That little girl LOVES duckies. But I don't worry about her having a lovie in the crib with her.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
December 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Thanks, ladies. I was wondering about having an association with playing, too, that might make sleep problems for him later. But I tried it anyway, and he doesn't use the toys, lol. He was used to waking up at a certain time for feeding, but I just let him cry and after 5-7 minutes he is right back to sleep. I'm going to take the toys out and just leave him with the lovey he's had forever (can't sleep without it!) and his blanket (which he kicks off anyway).

Winter is toooo adorable with that lovey and her fingers in her mouth!

December 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww Winter is such a cutie!

December 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Thanks. =) Her fave stuffed animals are now a blue turtle from her swing and a pink zombie fish from Monster High. I'll need to save them when she's done. I saved some of Alice's. little Pooh characters from a mobile she was always trying to get.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search