Now that you all have babies, you can answer my questions :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlueJayBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it normal for them to slow down the closer you get to delivery? I'm assuming she's just running out of room but it still freaks me out. I mean, I had to down a cup of ice water and some mountain dew last night to get her going. I guess it could be all the time I'm up walking around now with the move I just don't notice or something. But it scared the crap out me, I was thisclose to going in last night because I couldn't get her to move.

Daffney

December 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
Looking back that was one of my first signs and the cause of my first visit to L&D in the string of visits right before her birth. If you are worried though I would go and get checked. I'm sure everything is just fine but I'm a bit of a worry wart myself hence my 3 visits in 3 days lol.
chomsee likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
December 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
chomsee
I'm still pregs so I don't know about what happens right before labor. But they should definitely not stop moving. I know my little guys has days where he looks like he's going to tear through my belly button and other days he barely moves at all (Unless daddy talks to him, or the cold sugary drink trick)

I think sometimes we miss the movements if we're busy, theres definitely less space and they have a personality already. And they are human so some days theyre probably going to be lazy and some days bursting with energy

But obviously always go in if you haven't felt anything!!
December 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
The Truth is out There
I haven't had the baby yet, but I have noticed a decrease in movement over the last day. Almost enough for me to be worried, so I'm taking it easy today and trying to see if I feel anything. I felt something earlier, but not as much as I normally do so I'm giving it just a little longer before I call.
I was walking a bunch yesterday, which gave me some back pain and contractions.. So maybe she's just freaked out from that?

December 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yeah I don't feel her move a whole lot during the day, but as long as I'm still feeling her during what has always been her active spot of the day I don't worry about it. I assume they're running out of room and just isn't moving as much.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

December 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shes still moving, its just not nearly as much and takes some coercing this last couple days.

Daffney

December 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had quite a decrease before going into labor. I could still feel movements but they were fewer and further between.

December 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
This is worrying me too recently, I dont want to go in and waste peoples time but I panic at least once a day then she always starts moving just before I think I'll call the hospital. Little rascal!!

11/03/12
December 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
Yep, slowing wayyyyyyy down. I had my NST on Monday and told them that Sunday and that Monday morning she had been very quiet with little movement. As you can guess, we passed the NST with flying colors and she was moving, I could hear the swipes, but they were smaller movements and I think I was looking for the big alien movements.
December 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Yes, decreased movement is a sign. Its a combination of running out of room and descending into birth canal.
Samantha's movements decreased. It turned out she was moving based on the NST's I just couldnt feel all the movements it was more like squirms and wiggles.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy
December 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ummm, I dont think so. B had been my most active baby the whole pregnancy.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

December 12th, 2012, 01:26 AM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
Kenso slowed down the last few weeks before I had him, but he was still moving around enough that I didn't feel the need to call the Dr. He was also really low to begin with and then he got even lower which probably attributed to the decrease in movement. I definitely had a few glasses of ice water toward the end there just to make sure he was still moving because it made me paranoid. I was sure I had low fluid or something because he wasn't moving as much, but when they broke my water at the hospital it was like niagara falls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search