We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So yesterday at my appointment, nothings changed. Still only dilated at 1+. I was REALLY hoping for even a little more progress. Especially since Ive had more contractions, more sex, more walking... Ive been sick and thrown up a few different times since the last appointment too, and I thought a silver lining to that may be causing more contractions and dilating. It was also my last appointment scheduled with him. He is in the hospital the following week and my next appointment is with his partner. Thats fine, I guess, since ideally Id be one he'd be at the hospital to deliver. But he is also out for 10 days starting the 24th. Im due the 28th. Im really trying not to be upset that he'll be gone. If I was dilated more and felt more confident that Truett will come before then, it wouldnt bother me as much. I feel even more pressure to get things going so he will be there for me, its stressing me out... There is enough realistically stressing me out about Truetts birth, having this dr who has really helped me deal with it all was part of what has helped my confidence in it. Now I feel more alone and on my own.
Would it be silly to consider an induction before he leaves? I wonder if he would even consider it since its before my due date.
I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
No, I don't think it is silly at all to be thinking that! You have a lot of stress going on with Truett's birth and I don't think it would hurt at all to at least have a dicussion about it. Your doc may tell you it is not in your/Truett's best interest, but he may say lets go ahead. At least then you have some options, no need to make a decision right then and there.
If it is any encouragement at all with my last three kiddo's I never had any progress at all until I actually went into labor. I was always closed and thick...then bam...labor started.
(((HUGS))) Ashleigh, and I would definitely talk to your doctor about what you are thinking and feeling.
There is defiantly no reason to feel silly for asking about induction by the Dr you feel most comfortable with. You never know he might agree its whats best since you have made it past 37 weeks. Good luck and i hope you get a break from this added stress soon
I agree, no feeling silly or selfish for wondering. And definitely I understand about disappointment about no progress. Hopefully you can talk to your doc about your feelings and see what he says.
Many hospitals these days say no way to induction prior to 39 weeks without medical reasons so it may be out of his hands completely. Also, given Truett's special needs it may be best to let him bake until your body and he decide its time. But I honestly have no clue about any if that. And, you'll never find out if you don't ask. Good luck!
DS~8/91 DS~12/93 DS~12/93 DS~12/09 DS~1/12
Surprised to be expecting again~12/12
Do you have a big yoga ball..... You can try sitting and bouncing on one of those and even rolling your hips while sitting on it. The bouncing kinda makes his head hit the cervix and encourage it to OPEN UP! Lol.... It also helps losses the hips and pelvis to make for a smoother delivery.....
Oh sweetie, you know from experience that not being dilated can mean very little. It is discouraging but the contractions you have had did have a purpose even if they were not able to be quantified. They are there to help prep your muscles for the big show. And you know that you can go from nothing to 10cms in no time and yet contract for weeks and get nowhere. Try not to be discouraged...God has a plan for you guys even if he hasn't let you know exactly what that plan is. And all things considered I don't think it's crazy to want to induce and have your preferred doctor present at the birth. Nobody really knows what will happen come delivery day and it would be nice to at least have the expected doctor there when Truett arrives. Keep your chin up! Praying for you
Thank you ladies. I was having a total panic attack yesterday. I think Ive gotten myself over it for the most part. I need to just believe that he will come on his own before then. In the mean time, I will continue to do everything I can to create the most encouraging environment for Truett to make his debut. Of course my doctor being there would be ideal, but if that is not in the cards, I have to just believe it'll all work out the way it is supposed to, for his and my own greater good. I really gotta listen to my hypnobirthing cds more. They do help me stay in the right place and not have overwhelming panic attacks!
I'm happy to see you are in a better place mentally today. Maybe try some daily affirmations to help keep you where you want to be. And if you think it would put your mind at ease, maybe you could set up a back-up plan for induction so you know that if it doesn't happen by *insert date here* you will still be able to have your doctor or whatever things that are stressing you out will not be a factor. Big hugs
Wife of 18 years to Anthony
Mommy to 4 daughters Elinore 05/27/95,
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12