Madela breast pumps ?????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I am looking and was unsure if anyone has any opinions or can tell me the difference between the Madela In Style Advanced on the go tote or the In Style Advanced Beackpack.

I cant see a difference except one comes in a backpack and one comes in a tote bag.
There is a $15 price difference on Amazon and need to know if there is something I'm getting for that $15?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy
December 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I dont think theres a difference. I have the pump in stye tote and I love it. I use it about every 4 hours because I have flat/inverted nipples and can't actually nurse
December 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Thanks. I'm having to start pumping to help supplement Samantha because she is losing too much weight. Also having to start formula until can get the pump. So needing to figure this out asap. Thought I had sometime to worry about it but no.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy
December 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I tried nursing in the hospital, but started pumping the minute I got home. I began with pumping 20 min every 2-3 hours. The first 2 days I was only getting about 1 tablespoon of colostrum, but on the 3rd day I started getting that mix of colostrum-milk (its like yellow milk). Kenso is 7 days old and Im pumping every 4-6 hours for 20 min and Ive already got over 40oz in the fridge/freezer. its really frustrating when you want to feed your baby breast milk and it feels like its taking forever to come in. The medela pump works excellent and is really easy to use. Just make sure you get the medela bustier to hold your pump for you. Its totally worth the $35. I tried to pump both sides at once without it and got a wicked itch on my nose that I couldn't scratch because my hands were full. I send DH out to buy the buster from target before the next pumping session lol!!
December 12th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No difference except for the carrying tote. Everything else is the same.

December 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Lurking from another DDC but just wanted to let you know that if you call your insurance company they may pay for your pump. Mine did with my son and many other women in my DDC have recently called their insurance companies and found out it will cover the cost of their pumps too.
If you are in need of one now, some insurances, mine included, covered me renting one from the hospital until they could get me my own which was the Medela Pump In Style. They even hand delivered it to my job. Best of Luck!
December 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran
Do you just call the 800 number on your card? How do u go about this? Sorry.... Just lurking from the Jan DDC.

December 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The only girl View Post
Do you just call the 800 number on your card? How do u go about this? Sorry.... Just lurking from the Jan DDC.
Yes you call the number on your card and just ask them if they cover breast pumps. Sometimes they know off hand other times they will have to look in to it for you. So far everyone I have shared this news with has some type of coverage. Either a reimbursement of a certain amount (which always seems to cover the Medela Pumps) or a direct purchase by their insurance company.

Best of Luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search