Ready to do it again?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So, anyone crazy enough to already be thinking about TTC again???

I have to admit the thought has crossed my mind. I'm turning 34 in 2 days (AUGGGHHH) so I feel like the clock is already ticking. I really don't want to be having kids in my late 30's and I would like at least one more. Want to give my body time to recover though, so I probably will not try again until after Cambria turns 1. I wouldn't be too upset though if we had an oopsie earlier. Can't believe after being pregnant for 9 1/2 months that I would even be thinking of doing it again!
missy123 likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup! Just talked to my OB about it at my PP checkup today! She said I can start TTC in 6 months but she recommends not nursing and being pregnant at the same time since it's such a drain on the body. I think we'll either start TTC in August or wait until he's a year old. Depends how I feel, how nursing is going, and if I even ovulate by then. I'm 31 and DH is 37 and we want 1-2 more depending in if #2 is a girl or not so we don't want to wait long either.

December 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
I've never ovulated sooner than a year after birth, so don't have to start thinking about that yet! Right now I'd probably say we're done, but if my endometriosis gets really painful again in a couple years, I might consider another baby just to get relief from that.

December 13th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Robyn - I was still nursing when I had my first miscarriage. A part of me felt like I had my body so worn down and that that was the reason for the loss. I know people have gotten pregnant when nursing though and continued nursing throughout the entire pregnancy with no problems, so I probably was just finding something to blame my loss on. I started supplimenting at that point and cut my pumps down and didn't try again until I was totally dried up. Still had 3 more losses after that, so it probably wasn't the nursing in the first place. It does give me pause this time though.

December 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid of more losses and would like to minimize chances of that. I figure the same thing as you. It may have nothing to do with it, but better to try to avoid anything that could make my body too strained to maintain a pregnancy. It sucks not knowing why, doesn't it?

December 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm done, but I do sometimes think about doing it again. Won't happen though, I just miss having the brand new newborn! DH however has talked about another since we got home, I told him he's nuts! He didn't even want a third when we first started talking about it!

December 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
IF it happens to happen with us trying to prevent it ok, I would like to wait atleast a year before TTC. But If it happens sooner I would be ok with it. I want our kids close in age.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
December 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In reality no im so not ready.. I hated pregnancy heck there are several nights im not even that good at motherhood lol. but in mommmy lala la brain yeah theres been a few times iv planed little sister to be here within the next year especily on the "good days"

December 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Surprisingly I am content with just the two right now! Before he was born I told myself no more babies til he is at least two since my body definitely needs healing time and I thought it would be such a hard wait for me (I've always wanted lots and close together!), but now I don't think it will be so hard. Ask me again in 6 months though

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I think everyone knows by now that we are crazy enough to be thinking about it. I'm excited about getting pregnant again. The only part that I'm afraid of now is labor and birth. I didn't get the epidural and I don't know how it was for the other ladies who opted out of getting an epi but it was the worst pain in my life!! I think there were even a few times I might have passed out for a second from the pain but then would be woken up by more contractions. Oh the horror... I'm scared of going through that again. I'm hoping it was because of the meds they used to induce me, it just made the transition stage happen so fast and HARD! I'm hoping next time I will have the willpower again to do it without the epi, but there is a good chance I could be getting the drugs. But yes I have horrible baby fever right now

December 14th, 2012, 01:24 AM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
Were done. We have 4. I finally got my girl so im all done.
December 14th, 2012, 03:49 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Heck no!! This will be my last. I knew it would be my last but with how difficult Victoria is it has confimed that she will be the last. I don't ever want to do this again! I will be scheduling my tubal on the 27 at my 6 week check up!

December 14th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Veteran
I was on board with trying immediately until it started sinking in how much time it takes to care for a newborn! DD can be attached to my boob / fussing for hours. I can't imagine how I'd do it with a toddler to constantly supervise!!! We want to have our kids close in age, so at some point I'll have to come around, but right now it's still to "real." I'm sure Ill forget this part of baby care in a few months though.
December 14th, 2012, 06:01 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I've tossed the idea back and forth in my head. I'm still pretty young, just 22 but financially my family can't have another. DH still hasn't found a job, but he may have an opportunity in January! I plan on getting an IUD. I think I like the idea of 4 years about for my kids, maybe even 3. I'd like to wait to see where we are in a year financially and then talk seriously about TTC.

Although, I think DH has different plans. I had to tell him to wear a condom yesterday..repeatedly. Honestly, I don't think I could handle such young babies so close together. I don't find the idea of tandem nursing appealing at all.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
December 14th, 2012, 06:06 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No way, all done here!! 2 is all I ever wanted. And me and pregnancy do not get along well!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
done done done! SO never doing that again! We are very happy with our family as is Plus, DH is fixed, so no more even if I wanted more, lol!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 14th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
done done done! SO never doing that again! We are very happy with our family as is Plus, DH is fixed, so no more even if I wanted more, lol!
Although that can be reversed!
Leanne78 and SarahxSyanide like this.

December 14th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Veteran
I never thought I would get to have any so I'm perfectly content with one! DH was not very interested in getting snipped but he is starting to come around to the idea so hopefully we will get that taken care of soon.
December 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I would love to start trying again around Oct, but the Dr said for a c section I should wait 2 years to get pregnant again. I want to get all my pregnancies out of the way quickly, lol, I also want them close in age. I wanted my second before I turned 30.

December 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um... no! I think we are done unless we have an oops or change our minds one day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search