Took Eleanor to the chiropractor today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By LucilleTwo
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad that I took her to see my chiro! I noticed last week that she was getting the faintest of a flat spot on the right side of her head. DD1 has plagiocephaly so I have been super vigilant about preventing this. I totally thought that the range of motion in her neck was really good but after feeling this spot, i noticed that she did have a preference for keeping her head turned to the right.

He said that the atlas (the vertebrae that holds the skull) was posterior on the right which was forcing her head to turn to the right. He checked her range of motion and you could see where she could no longer turn her head to the left. He very gently applied pressure to her neck and he also worked on one of her arms that seemed to be stiff as well as her abdomen to help with any GI issues.

What a major difference! When she was in her chair, she was turning her head all the way to the left and up to look at the tree behind her! The biggest test was going to be with feeding her. I have noticed that she has a hard time feeding on the left breast because she has a hard time turning her head to face the nipple. I can physically feel how stiff her neck is when she is trying to latch and sometimes I feel like I am forcing it. No problems today! Her latch seems to have improved as well. Likely because she is more comfortable in the nursing position and she isn't pulling back.

I feel this huge sense or relief that we are preventing future problems since we had/have so many issues with DD1 but also sad that I didn't get this help for DD1 when she needed it (saw every other health care professional except for a chiro )

This is the first time I have seen her able to position her head all the way to the left like this

Last edited by LucilleTwo; December 17th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
December 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
That's awesome!! Sounds like she really needed that adjustment.
LucilleTwo likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeding her right now and it's a huge improvement. Her latch is perfect!
Jinnah likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Jinnah
Glad she got the help she needed!
December 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
how funny, ruby had the same EXACT thing done twice this past week. i mentioned at the LLL meeting that ruby has been projectile vomiting and the mama whose house it was in (we went to 10th grade together!) had her chiro husband look at ruby and discovered she has the same issue. he applied pressure like you mentioned, and we went back the next afternoon and he did it again. she seems a lot more content for sure. she did projectile once after but hasn't since. she has also had a preference to my left side but has been happier eating from the right now.
December 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Peytonsmomma
hmmm im wondering if i should take theron in? he has always had problems with his left side, i know that we are on formula now but still he may need a adjustment..?
December 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonsmomma View Post
hmmm im wondering if i should take theron in? he has always had problems with his left side, i know that we are on formula now but still he may need a adjustment..?
I totally would, especially if you are noticing problems. I'm convinced that all babies should go. They go through so much to get here and when you think about it, it's pretty traumatic. So many newborn "problems" can be treated easily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search