Have we talked about cradle cap yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Mommy to 1 ♥
Calla has cradle cap in her eyebrows. It's pretty much gone but I'm noticing flakes on her scalp now. She a lot of hair and its long (about 2in now!) so it's tough to see but it's definitely there. We've been putting olive oil on it then using a soft tooth brush to get the flakes out. It's not really working... So I've also slathered her hair in Aveeno baby eczema moisturizing therapy as well. Still flakey.... Like dandruff, not the big cradle cap flakes yet.

Any tips on how to get rid of it?
December 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Sofia had it i used baby oil and used a comb. It took me an hour or two the first night to get most of it, I had to do it again the next night to get what I missed. Not sure if baby oil would be any different than what you already tried.

December 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Savannah has a little too. I was wondering what I could use as well!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
~l~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoCarly&Sofia View Post
When Sofia had it i used baby oil and used a comb. It took me an hour or two the first night to get most of it, I had to do it again the next night to get what I missed. Not sure if baby oil would be any different than what you already tried.
This is what I did for DD2 also. It helped a lot.
December 20th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also have used baby oil with my others. Ainsley hasn't had it so far.
December 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Oops. Ignore this. Posting from my phone.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley

Last edited by wild&free; December 21st, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
December 21st, 2012, 01:17 PM
LindsayGriff
Kaden just started getting it yesterday. I may try some selson blue as that is what is used in adults who get sebborrhic dermatitis which is what cradle cap is. He has it on his scalp, ears, and eyebrows. Will use it carefully on scalp and ears but unsure what to do for eyebrows as this is too close to his eyes to use the selson blue.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
December 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Eli never had this but I think Jude might be getting the beginnings of it. What is it exactly? It just looks like the skin on his head is peeling, I noticed it after his bath this morning.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 21st, 2012, 10:45 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son used to get cradle cap as a baby and I would get it off during his bath using baby shampoo and a soft bristled toothbrush. Just keep going in a circular motion each time you bathe them. It won't remove it all at once, but it should be gone after a few baths.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cambria had this yesterday. I shampoo'd her hair and her scalp just felt mushy. It was a disaster after I rinsed. I put baby oil on and just let it set for a few hours. Then later, I used a baby brush and just brushed it all out. She's greasy today, but her scalp looks a lot better. I'll probably wash it again today.

January 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is cradle cap? I have noticed that the past few days Haven's head has been flaking a little but I assumed it was just that layer of skin coming off, as it hasn't yet, from being a newborn. And it appeared after I rubbed his head with a towel to try his hair. It seems to be going away.... is it something to worry about??@?

Having looked at photos online, Haven does not have this at all - I think it is just a little dry skin, nothing more. :-)

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
It's just dry skin on the scalp. Some times it gets more severe and looks yellow and crusty, but a lot of times, it's just peeling skin that goes away on it's own. The mineral oil helps loosen it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search