Cranky babies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Does anyone else have a generally fussy/ unhappy baby?

Samantha is fussy or just plain unhappy most of the time it seems, unless she is eating or being held. Or sometimes when she sleeps but even then she can be very fussy and cries. There is a few times when she is happy and content without being held but those are rare.

December 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Sophia has colic so she is usually unhappy and fussy thru the evening and night. Day time seems to be the only time I can keep her happy!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I'm sorry :-( just try and remind yourself,it's ok for her to cry...if she's fed,changed and inconsolable just let her wear herself out. I regret not doing that with my first!
December 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Wait, wait, wait...she has times where she is not held??? lol My girl is pretty calm but that's because we rarely put her down. Someone always seems to be "on shift" to hold her or yeah she screams. I'm lucky this go-round that we have 3 older siblings who are all on Christmas break. She will sometimes do a few minutes in the swing but that's about it. In the car, she hates it if we aren't moving and is also mad when we are moving some of the time...holiday traffic is making us miserable.

Anyway, I hope she chills out soon...they really do change every day.
nina9809, LindseyF and hilhillrn like this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

December 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's pretty normal for babies this young to be upset if they aren't held but she'll get more independent as she gets older. Have you checked out Happiest Baby on the Block? There are some great suggestions on ways to calm and soothe your baby and it makes you feel a little better about holding them all the time.
hilhillrn likes this.
December 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
No I havent heard about that Mary. Is it a book or something online?

Yah I'm hoping she grows out of this stage soon, I just wish she was happier.

December 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Have you tried wearing her?
You'd be able to hold her like she needs and get some stuff done too.
I've heard that is some people's saving grace with a baby who doesn't want to be put down.
Gripstress likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 04:11 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taatie10 View Post
No I havent heard about that Mary. Is it a book or something online?

Yah I'm hoping she grows out of this stage soon, I just wish she was happier.
It's a book and it's also on DVD. The DVD is probably the best though because it shows how to do some of the moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhartanya View Post
Have you tried wearing her?
You'd be able to hold her like she needs and get some stuff done too.
I've heard that is some people's saving grace with a baby who doesn't want to be put down.
My first born lived in my ring sling for the first 6 months, it's saved my sanity!
December 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Pascale loved to be in her sling always...definitely a life saver She looks more than happy in your siggy pic, Katie...so cute!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

December 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
Pascale loved to be in her sling always...definitely a life saver She looks more than happy in your siggy pic, Katie...so cute!
I have a carrier but I havent gotten it out yet. I might be trying that this coming week when DH isnt home again (he took all this week off work).

She was laying in my lap when I took that pic thats why she's happy and asleep Thanks.
Gripstress likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
Aubree has been being fussy on and off thru out the day for the last couple of weeks. She is normally a pretty happy, calm baby.. but she recentlly started getting really bad gas. I mean, shes always farted alot, but it never really seemed to bother her until a couple of weeks ago. She had a bad night where she didn't sleep well AT ALL. She was grunting all night in her sleep and crying for what seemed like no reason at all, and then she would let a huge fart rip and she would be back to the smiling happy baby she usually is. I took her to the doctor and he said she had reflux and gave me baby zantac, but it didnt help at all so I stopped giving it to her (I talked to the doc at her 4 week check up and she said I could stop the meds since I wasn't seeing any changes) the doc suggested switching formula (gerber goodstart soothe, for colic, excessive crying and fussiness) but that isn't helping either (now I'm going to try a soy formula to see if that helps), then I tried over the counter gas drops with doc approval, and they didnt help at all either. Then, I went out and got some gripe water, and THAT really helped. I've been giving it to her once or twice a day (if needed), before bed and after one of her middle of the night feedings, and she sleeps so much better because she's not so uncomfortable from the gas. I ran out of the gripe water yesterday and couldn't get more because it was Christmas. She was SO uncomfortable last night, During one of her night time feedings, she was grunting loudly the whole time she was eating. So after she finished her bottle, I did "bicycle legs" and the farts were literally pouring out of her little butt, my poor baby.. She was fussy all day today until I got some more gripe water. I love that stuff its a life saver..

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; December 26th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
December 26th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Maybe I will need to try gripe water. I just dont know if its gas or just fussy for no reason.

December 26th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
If she's content while you hold her, she just may be one of those babies who need to be held most of the time.
I was that way as a wee one.
wishing and Gripstress like this.

December 27th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Wondered that too...if it were gas/colic she'd still be upset while being held.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

December 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
Could it be a growth spurt? Has she been fussy like that since birth or just recently? Mine just started eating (and pooping) like crazy. We change him 20-25 times a day! All he wants to do is eat and poop and it's interfering with what use to be his very regular sleep schedule. He's also more fussy it seems at night. When I looked it up everything I read said it was a growth spurt and could last for a few days to a week.
December 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
She is fussy most of the time when we hold her too, sometimes not. If she falls asleep when were holding she is good.
Pediatrician today at her appt says its GERD. That is why there are sometimes that she is happy.
SHe gave me some things to try and then if they dont work we can try Zantac since its the only reflux medication for infants.

December 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
^ Aubree's doc prescribed her zantac. She was on it for two weeks and then I took her for her four week check up, and the doc asked how the zantac was working. I hadn't seen a difference, she was still uncomfortable and the doc said I could stop the zantac. If nothing else your doc suggested works and they put Samantha on the zantac, I really hope it works for her. It sucks that our babies can't tell us hats wrong with them, sometimes it hard figuring out what the problem is

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; December 29th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
December 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Yah I hate not knowing what is wrong or how to help her. Last night was horrible, worst we've had. She screamed (as hard as she could) for several hours no matter what we did. Even holding her didnt work. I was killing me that she was so upset and maybe in pain and I couldnt do a thing

December 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
We're currently going through the same thing with Mikaela. She is so gassy all the time. She's currently on gripe water and just started taking probiotics on tge advice of her doctor. So far it hasn't helped much but the probiotics take time I hear. I hate seeing her so unhappy and miserable all the time! I feel like I must be doing something wrong

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
December 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I just got Gripe Water at Walmart today. Gave it to her for the first time a half hour ago or so. It might be working some but she is still fussy. Hoping it will work better tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search