Everleigh Alice...birth story. UPDATED WITH PICTURES 12/28/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By jamiemama90
  • 1 Post By jamiemama90
  • 3 Post By jamiemama90

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
Friday December 21 I woke up with cramps. It felt like I was going to start aunt flow. I went out with my mom to run errands and got progressively more uncomfortable throughout the day. Once home I took a shower and decided to relax. Somewhere in there my cramps stopped. I was a bit dissapointed but decided to just go to bed. At about 5:30 I woke up to what I thought were contractions. As a first time mom I really wasn't sure. I had my hubby make me breakfast and we decided to watch a movie. I had contractions every 10 minutes throughout the movie. We got dressed and went out to run our last minute christmas errands. They stayed 10 minutes apart all day and didn't increase in intensity. Our last stop was at the mall. Once we were done I noticed that the contractions were much closer. My hubby timed them. They were nearly 5 min apart and lasting about a minute. We called the doctor and she told us to come in. At the hospital they monitored my contractions. After about an hour they told me to go home cause I was only 1 1/2 cm dilated and apparently my contractions were "not painful enough" despite the fact that they had gotten more intense. Needless to say I was mad. Once in the car my contractions started to get very painful. I told my husband thT when we got home I was going to our room and to tell everyone to leave me alone. I tried the bathtub but it made my skin itchy so I decided to lay in bed. My husband was watching tv while I breathed through some pretty intense contractions. I started to cry uncontrollably through each one. At about 11:40 (just 3 hours after getting home) told my husband to call the doctor. I overheard her say something about pain meds and I told him we were going in. I had planned on doing it all natural but the pain was so intense that I didn't think I could do it. The car ride was hell. Once we got there I got in a wheelchair and signed in. They. Brought me to a room and I got undressed. As soon as I laid down in bed I felt a pop and a huge gush. I told my husband my water broke and he let the nurse know. Instantly the contractions hit me like a train. The. nurse checked me and I was 5 cm. I waited for a labor room and tried to focus and breathe through contractions. It was pretty hard but I managed. Once moved, things started to get scary. I was begging for an epidural so they took my bloodwork. At this point I was making a lot of noise and having trouble focusing. They game me some pain meds in my iv to hold me over and pretty much all they did was make me dizzy and loopy for a bit. The pain was still so intense I felt like I wasnt going to make it. I asked again for the epi. They said they were waiting for my lab work. I got checked (being put flat on my back made things awful due to terrible indigestion) and I was 7 1/2 cm. I asked for the epi again and they just said it was coming. At this point I felt like I was going to die and was screaming really loud through each contraction. My poor husband even cried for me a few times. He felt so helpless. I just kept begging for the epi. They finally brought it in and said they had to check me first. They put me flat on my back again and I just kept saying please please please. Hoping I hadn't progressed anymore. 9 1/2. Too late. I just looked in my husband's eyes and said "I'm not getting it am I?" And he just said "I'm sorry.". In the next contraction I felt the need to push. My ob got there at that minute. She checked me and told me to try one push. I did and when she checked again she said that I had some cervix in the way and not to push. I was like o hell no and started pushing with the next contraction so she let me. 10 more pushes and my daughter was I. My arms at 2:08 am. 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 inches long. The moment I heard her first cry I let out a sound of intense relief. We look at each other straight in the eye and then I started feeding her. I have been in love ever since.

My recovery has been great! We are home and happy and she is such a good baby. Very content, sleepy and HUNGRY! haha I must say though...it was the most painful and miserable time of my life. I recommend getting the drugs lol. But I am very proud of myself for making it through.
Shades of Grey, Twist and dibbers like this.
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3

Last edited by jamiemama90; December 28th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
December 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Sorry you didn't get any relief, but what an amazing story to be able to tell your daughter when she is older. Your a very strong lady. Congrats!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birthing story apart from not getting any pain relief. No fun!
December 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Twist's Avatar Super Mommy
Ah! That sounds so exciting! Miserable with pain but still exciting!

December 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Mama!!

Daffney

December 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
Woohoo!! Congrats...can't wait to see pics!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum

December 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM

My dad and Everleigh

My mom and Everleigh

Daddy and Everleigh

Shades of Grey likes this.

December 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Oh I just love these pics Jamie! How's papa doing with this baby stuff? You? She's a doll
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

December 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
He is doing great! He is totally in love with her! I am also doing great and recovering wonderfully. I had one small tear and no stitches. So I'm a lucky one for sure! She is a great sleeper and breast feeding is going wonderfully.The first day my milk came in was PAINFUL but now it's fine and I have no pain I am loving being a mother!

December 28th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Awesome news! Always hurts the first time when the milk comes in...my other 3 didn't hurt. Something to look forward to when/if you have more. So nice to see first time parents enjoying it so much
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

December 30th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! She is beautiful! <3

Rebecca, my boobs have always hurt when my milk comes in! Engorgement sucks! LOL

Anyways, Jamie, I had B natural, too, (homebirth so uhh kinda had to haha) and it was the most awful thing I've ever done! Now that Ive done it all natural I have no desire to ever do it again. LOL

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search