Photoshop..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By abur
  • 7 Post By ~*rach*~
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By ShutterBabe
  • 1 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have pictures they would like photoshopped all pretty? I need the practice since I just recently started out. Post or send me a pic if you'd like

December 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Okay...enlighten me, because I am CLUELESS in this area What can you do with photoshop? I guess I know that things like zits or something can be taken out...but I'm guessing there's more to it than that?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

December 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what type of things can you do to the pics?

December 26th, 2012, 01:55 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
a lot of professional digital photos are "photoshopped" nowadays that you see online. like, do you ever notice how the kids eyes are super shiny and bright, perfect porcelain skin tones, perfect lighting, etc. not to smacktalk photoshop, but a lot of photographers get more credit for being good photographers when they are actually just decent photoshoppers.

that's how i view photoshop anyways.
December 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it can be anything from makeing normal pictures more profesional to makeing collages or creating scenes some of my favorite things to do are creature morphes (these are not mine just an example) Spluch: Weird Animals created using Photoshop!

December 26th, 2012, 02:03 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just adjust the lighting, clarity, vibrancy, etc. Basically make the picture stand out more.

And yes, you can remove zits, smooth skin tone, and that sort of thing also. It just makes pictures look more professional I guess.

Kristen is right, It turns a so-so picture into a "professional" one. lol!

December 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you can brighten a picture, you can look at the one of Madalyn on her poofy dress by the Christmas tree ... It's in my Christmas thread.
AltMommy likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Gotcha! I need to sit down and put some Christmas pics on the computer, so when I do I might just shoot one your way. I'm intrigued by this whole thing
AltMommy likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

December 26th, 2012, 02:21 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I'll send one! lol.

December 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
That's sweet of you Leanna!! I've wanted to get it for a while but it's so expensive. I want a new lens and an external flash first. Lol

Kristen, I so agree with you!! Dh and I talk about it a lot; if you're good at ps, you hardly need to be a good photographer. Lol I mean, not to talk down on it either; I just think that it's not a talented photographer when the pic is altered like crazy!!
I just read a super interesting article a couple of weeks ago on just that topic because this guy won some award, like photographer of the year and his "photo" wasn't even a single image he captured. It was spliced together from 3 separate pictures! I think it's an art form, no doubt, but not photography! I'll see if I can find the article. It was interesting!

Found it!

What Defines a Photograph? | Chris Crisman Photography
bostoncreampie likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Photoshop is so difficult! It's amazing the things you can do on it. Back in high school I had a graphic design class and we were taught how to make a real image into a 'painted' image. We used a pic of an orange and used different layers to make it transform into what looked like a painted version of the original. So crazy. And we learned how to put mouths in place of eyes, like those random, weird pictures that you see on the Internet lol anyway I'll stop babbling
bostoncreampie likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

December 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to chim in since photography its my job. even if you are great at Photoshop that doesn't make you a photography. photography is about capturing the moment. Getting exposure and lighting right. posing you clients to make them look their best. Capturing the "feel" of the family. Photoshop is there to help with minor things, lighting, exposure Temp etc. and yes you can remove zits, but Photoshop does not make the picture, the photographer does. I use lightroom and Photoshop to touch up my photos. You have to get the photo right in camera first.

December 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can u spruce up this hot mess?

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Totally agree! I minored in photo in college and it was all 35 mm, no digital yet. Back then you had to consider lighting and exposure etc more carefully. I just feel like nowadays digital photography is so much more forgiving. It bothers me when a very mediocre photo (from my critical eye with a photography background) gets so much praise for being wonderful when it was just a normal shot photoshopped. Totally have nothing against Photoshop, it's really hard to master. I just have a hard time with photographers over-using it. I'm a purist at heart. Thank goodness for it though, for us moms who don't profess to be pros who can turn a crappy last minute shot in to something pretty. Please share when you are done with some of these! So nice of you to offer!

eta for funny cellphone typos.
bryan and nina likes this.

Last edited by bostoncreampie; December 26th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
December 26th, 2012, 10:07 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*rach*~ View Post
I have to chim in since photography its my job. even if you are great at Photoshop that doesn't make you a photography. photography is about capturing the moment. Getting exposure and lighting right. posing you clients to make them look their best. Capturing the "feel" of the family. Photoshop is there to help with minor things, lighting, exposure Temp etc. and yes you can remove zits, but Photoshop does not make the picture, the photographer does. I use lightroom and Photoshop to touch up my photos. You have to get the photo right in camera first.
Not every photo is fixable either. I do VERY light skin smoothing/eye brightening. Its a huge pet peeve of mine for people who do too much. I spend as little time in PS as possible. I'd rather get the shot done right the first time!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

December 27th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just realized all the misspelled words. Lol Sorry it is my phone
I Know I really dislike editing. Love to take the pictures,but editing is a pain. I also do as little as possible. And no not every picture can be fixed even if you shoot RAW.

December 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I don't mind editing, as RAW files require editing, (which is why we "develop" in ACR), but I keep my editing very simple and don't do color popping, skin smoothing or eye enhancing, so it literally takes me less than a minute per photo unless I need to take care of blemishes or fix a blanket or straighten (because I am completely incapable of taking a straight photo, lol!). Nothing like neon plastic people with alien eyes (can you tell that's a pet peeve of mine? lol!). A well lit in focus photo won't require too much editing

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
See I don't even know about shooting in raw yet. is that just so you can edit more later?! I have that forum open that you gave me the link to but can't manage to find the time to sign up! That will be my weekend project. Emmy has been marathon nursing again..

December 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
RAW is the best! :web: Once you start shooting in RAW, you'll never go back. You have SO much more control over you images.

December 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
This is an old 35mm shot that popped up on FB of me singing a solo when I was 4. I'm the Annie look alike holding the mic!

This is the boys in the quilts my grandma made for them. Jamison's arrived the day before she passed away.

And one more...

Mess around with them as much as you want...I loved what you did with my belly shots when we were pregnant!
AltMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search