Maternity clothes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's everyone planning on doing with theirs? Selling, storing, or donating?

I can't decide between selling or storing. My maternity wardrobe is bigger than my normal wardrobe. I'm about 85% sure we are done, and even if we do have any more kids it won't be for about 2yrs. I'm really trying to loose some weight. So in 2yrs I would hope these close would be too big.

I guess I'm leaning toward consigning them, but some of them are hard to part with because they are so cute.

December 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are 100% done here. DH is going to see a urologist next week

The really nice items, like the dresses, dress pants, fancy shirts, I sold on eBay.
All the stuff that was really worn, I just donated to the women's and children's drop box.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
December 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
They are going to be stored in the garage until I need them again. I would just keep them in my closet but my closet is tiny.
December 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Donating them all. At least I will when I don't need to wear them anymore. Still not fitting back into pre pregnacy stuff

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

December 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
I am packing mine up and sticking them away for now. Don't like looking at them as I was stuck wearing only them for months! Dug out my old clothes today and it was like a new wardrobe!
December 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like I mentioned on FB, I took all of mine to Goodwill today. Many of them were nice and in good enough shape to sell, but I just didn't want to bother with it. We are 95% sure we are done and I'm getting Mirena in a few weeks. It was kind of bittersweet but felt awesome at the same time to get rid of them. I can't believe how much I had.

December 29th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Veteran
I like a lot of mine. The tops look a lot like regular tops, but a bit longer (no rouching). I'm probably going to keep wearing some of them! And I may keep some of the work pants--they're just like regular pants with a small yoga band. Otherwise they'll go into the attic to wait for number 2! Gotta love fashionable maternity clothes!
January 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Most of mine look like regular tops, so I'd keep them even if I didn't want another baby. The pants I can only wear when I'm pregnant, so they will go back up in the attic for now. When I'm 100% done, everything will probably be so worn out, I'll just pitch it or give away.

January 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have to buy any maternity clothes as all my clothes are stretchy and I liked things tight! The only thing I own is a dress which someone bought for me. It's cute and I might wear it anyway..... so will probably keep it to see. If not, I will donate it.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gave them all to my sister who is 5 months along.

January 3rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still wearing my maternity pants:/. I often wear my shirts, too, but more for comfort. When I'm officially done with them I will donate most of it, but I have some pretty nice stuff I'll try to sell.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also still wearing the pants but I'll hold on to everything since we're not done.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I didn't buy too much that was specifically maternity, but what is maternity, I'll probably be consigning or seeing if a friend can use them.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search