Please read!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
So, I found this blog and feel the need to share it with all the mommies I know. It's super sad, but please take a minute to read it.

Love, Light, Laughter and Chocolate - One Mom's Journey: Be with me. Just for today.

December 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
I have really no words..that's really sad and heartbreaking :/..

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

December 29th, 2012, 10:25 AM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
wow, that is so sad

December 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
beyond heartbreaking

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
It is a very good blog one every mother should read. I however can not read it. I get faced too much with what ifs.....My son pulled over my tall dresser over on top of him when he was 2. (This happened February of this past year, 2012.) Thankfully by the grace of god my son's life was spared. When the dresser started to come down the back of the dresser was forced through the wall which slowed the dresser down and eventually stopped it before it reached the ground which meant the full force did not land on my son. The only weight that was forced on my son was that of the top drawer. He had a few cuts and scrapes on his face from the things that hit him in the face as they came tumbling off the top of the dresser . We rushed him to the er and all checked out ok. I can only imagine what could have happened. Now dressers are attached to walls and nothing sits on top of them so there is no temptation for my kids to climb up them to get what ever sits up there.

Don't think this can't happen to you or it wont happen to you. I used to think like that too. Better safe than sorry! My son, even though he was only barely two still remembers it so it had to have been pretty tragic. Every time he walks by the dresser he apologizes for breaking it. (A chuck of the dresser broke off and it still is that way) He also apologizes for the hole in the wall which also still remains there. I breaks my heart every time he apologizes to me about it. "I sorry I broke desser mommy!" Every time he says that I can't help but think to myself, "I am sorry I did not keep you safe my darling." Accidents like that are completely preventable. When child proofing most people don't think to child proof furniture or large TVs.

Sorry for the long rant. This one just hits close to home.

December 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
im too paranoid for things like this that my kids dont even have dressers or `any sort of furniture in their room other than their beds.. i wouldnt even do it with the dressers mounted to the wall bc im that paranoid
January 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my - that's painful to read! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search