5 Weeks Reflux maybe? baby sore throat/hoarse? bottle fears? family woes.. lol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
5 weeks and some extra!
Emmalyn is doing awesome. We have had a lot of in law/my mother drama and Joe's medical issues drama lately. Sigh. In law drama first!! So our in laws came out for Christmas and Sil always gets stuck with hosting duty since our house is smaller and MIL is allergic to our kitties. (hehe go cats!) This year we offered to take them on Christmas morning so that SIL and them all could have their own little family christmas. This got cancelled at the last minute so it didn't happen but hey its the thought that counts. MIL sent dh an email about how selfish and inconsiderate we are and that she had babies and she knows it wasn't that hard or that time consuming where she couldn't take the time to call her mother... rawr after it took dh a day to answer her email. I was furious.

It was a ton of drama and planning to try to fit everybody in for christmas visiting. On xmas eve we went to SIL's in the am to do Christmas with in laws and SIL's family. Joe had physical therapy early early on christmas eve which I was already mad that he wouldn't reschedule because of our tight schedule. He fell getting out of the shower after PT and bashed his head pretty bad and was super out of it and in pain all day. By the time we got to SIL's they had to leave within like less than 40 minutes to do christmas with my BIL's parents. Kind of a bummer. Then we went home and took a nap and then went to my grandparents to do christmas with them and my uncle and great grandma. (more on this later but my mother also came for the first time in about 10 years only because the baby was going to be there. Ugh) That went well except Joe was a zombie laying on the couch in pain and grumpy and antsy the entire time and was mad at me by the time we left for being their too long. Everyone had fun holding and playing with Emmalyn and she was an angel. Slept the entire time in peoples arms pretty much and ate a couple times and was completely content. We got home kind of late and went to bed. In the am, we were supposed to get up and go to Joe's grandparents for the bigger family get together but Joe didn't feel good so we didn't go. Kind of makes me grumpy because everyone was mad as they wanted to meet Emmalyn. Oh well I guess. So then at 2 we were supposed to go to my aunt's for our larger family get together. Joe ended up not wanting to go because he said I would stay too long so I left him at home and went without him. Bummed me out that we spent most of the day apart. Oh well.

We did christmas presents with Emmalyn on Christmas morning so that was super fun. She actually was awake and kicking around and having fun while we opened stuff. Super cute I had a blast at my aunts. She set up a spot in her room for me to nurse so I stayed forever and played pass the baby around which was kind of irritating as I didn't want all the germies. I did use these Johnson and johnson face and hand baby antibacterial wipes that are to be used on the baby and that made me feel better. She was oh so good the entire time. She is such a calm sweet baby the vast majority of the time. We have had some issues which I think may be reflux related. She fusses at the boob and pulls at it and off of it and cries sometimes. She also will cry pathetically in her sleep every once in awhile. She improves greatly with gripe water so I will just keep that up. She still gets up every 2 hours throughout the night and sleeps longer during the day but we make it work. Dh fell again two days ago and actually knocked himself out so we spent that day at the ER with the baby.... Stressful trying to take care of a baby at the hospital but I made it work. I nursed in a hard chair with my elbow on the diaper bag! Hey it works.

My mother drama has been a nightmare. She literally whines every day and asks to see the baby, says I don't let her see her and complains like crazy. She gets upset that I ask her to wash her hands and hold the baby with a blanket around her to keep the smoke smell off of her. Gets pissed at me for asking her not to touch her face or put her face in Emmalyn's face as she has the strongest smoke smell I have ever smelled on a person and I can't stand it. Ick. It has been constant drama. She was supposed to help me out yesterday and come over and she said she had an earache so heck even when I DO let her come over she blows us off. I seriously give up on it. I get so tired of the constant criticism about when we are starting solids..... good lord isn't it early to be fighting about that??? lol and hearing about how our dogs are going to eat the baby. Sigh. She keeps saying, hmmm I wonder if they think she is wounded prey????? Who the heck says that to someone... I seriously want to slap the woman every time I talk to her or see her. She also told me I shouldn't let Joe hold or touch the baby because he might fall with her/on her. We take precautions as we know he has balance issues and such and it really isn't any of her business. She tells me regularly how cruel I am and if she calls Emmalyn her baby one more time she might disappear one day She also sends me facebook messages multiple times a night when I get up to nurse and play on my phone and asks me to take a picture of Emmalyn and send it. Think 5-10 times a day. It is so annoying and making me pull back and not let her come over/send her stuff even more. The moby has been a savior for me because I put her in it and hog her so that I don't have to constantly hear my mother whine that she wants to hold her every time she sees us for the entire time. I was so mad on Christmas Eve at her. I use to BEG her when I was little and cry and ask her to come to my grandparents xmas eve dinner because I wanted us all to be together and she NEVER would and always went and got drunk with her friends and now that the baby is here, she butts in and comes to xmas eve dinner and demands to hold the baby the entire time. Heck no. I am constantly furious at her. The constant questioning of my decisions and the constant meddling and her talking about how she is going to do whatever she wants with Emmalyn such as feeding her solids/sweets/juice and crap and how I am ridiculous for saying she can't ride in my mothers vehicle that is a death trap and has such a strong smoke odor it makes me cough has me ready to scream every time I speak to her so I try to avoid her but then I get the 30 emails/texts/calls/fb messages driving me INSANE until I answer. Enough about her I spose. Just so much drama.

Joe and I have been bickering a bit about baby duties. He has yet to change a diaper... He does take her in the morning so I can take a nap between feedings as she sleeps much longer in arms than in her cosleeper so he takes her in the living room and they snuggle for awhile so I can sleep. That is about it though. He does try to be good about fetching me stuff when I need stuff for her but it is kind of frustrating sometimes. I am still very leery of introducing the bottle. Mostly out of selfish reasons and enjoying snuggling her and being the only source of food but I have a LOT of frozen milk and some day I will get up the nerve to let joe give her a bottle lol which might help with the feeling like he doesn't help. We got a snuza and it is doing wonders for my mommy ocd and my random nights of crying about worrying about sids. Here is a picture from tonight
So sweet.

She is still in newborn size clothes and will be for some time I imagine as she isn't even close to outgrowing it all. She is so alert and sweet and I am just loving every minute. She has sounded really hoarse the last several days but I have no idea what it is from. Breaks my heart. She has the saddest tiny cry ever and it is just pathetic and wittle sounding. She always immediately stops crying as soon as she is picked up and is instantly happy. As for me I am down almost 30 lbs prepreggo so that is fun! Bleeding stopped some time ago. Still need to schedule my 6 week appt. I have been having some weird pains that feel like O pains today!?!?!??!?!?!?! Better not be. It is super weird though. We are exclusively bfing completely and totally so it better not be coming back yet hehe. I think we are going to go no bc and just see what happens/use condoms sometimes. We haven't dtd yet mostly just out of me being a chicken. PP bleeding took awhile to go away completely and I wanted to make sure it was GONE GONE before we went there. I still feel a little sore in the uterus area almost like a constant ache so I plan to ask my doc about that. Besides all the drama lately, life is pretty good. Emmalyn got a TON of clothes and toys for christmas. My cousin crocheted her a bonnet and a sweater and my grandma's friend crocheted her baby shoes and a bonnet as well. I will post a pic sometime soon of her wearing it all as it is precious.

I miss JM. I constantly read posts on my phone but hate typing on it so i don't always. I haven't been getting on the actual comp much. Oh Emmalyn smiled at me while I was singing to her yesterday while awake. Wub. She giggles in her sleep and is regularly rolling herself over while she is being changed from front to back when on the bed as it is kind of at an angle. She is so strong and has amazing head control. I am super nervous and indecisive about vaccinations and I know i need to figure it out in the next couple of weeks but I also need to figure out the pediatrician situation. Sigh. Also need to decide if I am going to buy the vitamin drops for her or not. I am so indecisive these days. Probably from tiredness. Miss you guys! Anything I didn't cover that anybody wants to know? lol Longest update ever. Sorry.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes. I didn't realize your mom was such a drama queen. I can completely empathize. It's difficult when they can't just step back and be your mom. I also didn't realize all the issues Joe was having. That's a lot to be handling ON TOP OF a newborn. I know you will figure out a balance, but I hope things start to get better. Some babies I think just have a hoarse cry. They all sound so different!! Love the update, I think it's hard for most people to get on JM and post like we used to with newborns and such.

Daffney

December 31st, 2012, 07:44 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also gave birth 5 weeks ago and stopped bleeding a couple of weeks ago and then 3 days ago I started bleeding again - and it was bright red - I wonder if this was AF visiting? I was hoping to not get any visits from AF or be fertile while I am exclusively breastfeeding. I wonder what is going on!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
December 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I am going to be so angry if this is what it is lol. It feels like a cross between af cramps kind of and O pain. Sigh.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search