2 Week Wait - OMG...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Oh yeah, by the way... DTD for the first time last night and I think I'm ovulating now. I've had suspicions that ovulation was coming soon, so I did warn DH that he needed to use something but he was in no mood to use anything. I get pregnant really easy it seems (keeping them has always been my problem), so I'll probably test in 2 weeks just to be safe. A part of me wouldn't mind it, but another part is like OMG, NO NO NO.

January 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think my fertility has returned yet although I did have some bleeding recently which I do wonder whether it was AF.....

Do you think you are ovulating already? Are you breastfeeding?

Keeping the babies is my problem too......

We've been DTD without protection but I am not even 6 weeks pp yet.....

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'm pumping, but only 4 times a day so I'm pretty much expecting AF to come back soon. I breastfed longer with Akadia before going to pumping and when I did pump, it was much more often so my period didn't come back for months. I've had a lot of "fertile" looking CM the last few days though and have been cramping a little like I used to when ovulating. I hope it's nothing, but now I feel like I have to treat it like a 2 ww just to be safe. I think I have some old OPK's laying around somewhere that I'm going to go look for.

January 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Took the OPK and it is definitely not positive but close enough to make me a little nervous about what it might have looked like yesterday.

January 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Oh my, good luck. DH was trying to get me to DTD the other day without using anything. When I said "no, do you want me to get pregnant again" his response was really " would it be the worse thing in the world if you did?" Lol.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Oh boy!!!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, geeze! Potential Irish twins, Amber! We've been bad and haven't been using protection either. Even though we want another I think I'd be freaking out like you if I was thinking I was ovulating! That does look pretty dark!

January 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
It's funny because DH is the one who was all adamant that we were DONE with 2. But after a few months of not getting any, he was like what the heck. At least I know I probably will not get much of a fight later on if I do want to try for number 3. I think a part of him must want another one or he would have been more careful. He's really been enjoying Cambria and the whole infant stage this time. Makes a huge difference when the baby is easy. Akadia was (and still often is) a nightmare, so this experience is completely different.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it makes a difference. My mom has always said if my brother was born first he'd have been an only child.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, girl, you are crazy!! Irish twins would be so hard I think.

I don't know whether to say congrats or say uh-oh! Lol.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG is right! I'd be feraking out lol

My girls are only 12 months apart though, it was pretty easy when they were both still babies!

January 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
uh oh... I hope you get a bit more of a break in between pregnancies and/or babies.
we still haven't dtd but I' m pretty sure I' m ovulating now.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
my mom has almost Irish triplets per se... the older of the 3 was born in Feb, the twins were born in April so 14 months apart.. but instead of only 2, it's 3 LOL... that would be MY worry since i know it runs in my family.. its been my worry with each one of my pregnancies actually lol

you said you guys didnt use protection, but did he pull out?!!? if he did i'd say your probably safe lol
January 3rd, 2013, 06:52 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I know I ovulated back on 20th. We had unprotected sex on the 22nd. I figured we would be good. I am now lightly spotting and waiting for the full blown AF. Took a test at my pre-op appt for getting my tubes tied yesterday and it was negative. THANK GOD!! I was sweating it a little.

Last edited by rhill4455; January 3rd, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
January 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whew! Well, good luck which ever way you want it to go! LOL I thought I was starting my period a week or so ago, and I never did, but now I suspect I'm ovulating. Figure I'll wait a week or so before we attempt to DTD.

January 3rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg!!!! That test is pretty dark....

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
January 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
There is no mistaking that line...
I will be eagerly awaiting the results. DH might be getting #3 whether he is ready or not Good luck.

January 4th, 2013, 11:13 AM
baby wishing's Avatar Expecting #1!
Oh wow! I haven't been on JM in weeks and there is already talk of potential new babies! I will be waiting to see which way this turns out!
January 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Is it bad I got kind of excited seeing the test lol. I've peed on a PG test myself. My flow has been all wacky after delivery. I spotted lightly for 3-4 weeks pp. Then had what appeared to be fertile looking CM. We DTD about 6 weeks pp once I'd started my BC pills and he still pulled out. Then about 4-5 days ago I had AF. Now I have CM that appears to be creamy. WTH? Stupid body.

While I'd like to think its wayyy too out of whack to get PG currently, you never know.

Anxious to see what this test will bring in 2w. KUP!
January 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Natasha - no, no pull and pray here so if I actually ovulated there's definitely a chance. I'm not sure my body ever actually went through with ovulation though so I'm not too worried. Will still test though just to be safe..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search