What has been ur best baby item purchase?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
My Boppy, and though I've only used it once, the Moby seems pretty good. I used it when I was cleaning house in preparation for the in laws coming, and he fell right to sleep in it.
January 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really need to check out these Moby's. How long can you use it for? I've never had a boppy. I take that back, I had one for about a week with Austin but ended up hating it, but it's been so long I can't remember why! LOL

Daffney

January 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffneyc View Post
I really need to check out these Moby's. How long can you use it for? I've never had a boppy. I take that back, I had one for about a week with Austin but ended up hating it, but it's been so long I can't remember why! LOL
The booklet that came with my Moby says up to 35lbs. It's not the easiest thing to put on, and takes a bit of practice. There are videos on YouTube that show you how.
January 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
I actually don't like using the boppy for nursing. Guess I'm the odd ball here
I didnt like it when I was nursing either. I use it half in my glider half out over the arm as an arm rest when I feed her. That is great then my arm doesnt go numb.

Oh I forgot my Medela pump. I'd be beyond lost without it.

January 5th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
Used our Moby a couple times and it takes me a bit to get it right and it's soooo long. I think there's a bit of a learning curve to wrap it just right,..I think if I tried more I'd get the hang of it but I haven't given up.

What type of hold is everyone doing? I only tried the newborn hug hold

Thank you Jaidynsmum

January 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I really like the ease of use of the hotsling type slings. I always want to try the others but I know I'd never use them if they were difficult to use. I imagine them dragging on a parking lot while I try to put her in...no thank you.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hotslings sling. Sometimes its the only thing that will calm her down; put it on, pluck her in, and walk walk walk until she falls asleep.

Oh, my pump has been pretty necessary too, but since I didn't purchase it this time (it's on it's second baby now...yay for Medela Freestyle!) I didn't think about it at first. Particularly with this clogged duct that I've been working out,without the pump I would be LOST.
Gripstress likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
I really like the ease of use of the hotsling type slings. I always want to try the others but I know I'd never use them if they were difficult to use. I imagine them dragging on a parking lot while I try to put her in...no thank you.
This is why I put on the Moby before we go anywhere. haha Its more like an accessory for me! I just always have it on, it seems, so I can pop him in whenever he is fussy and doesnt want to sleep or something.

The key to the Moby, I think, is trying to get it as tight as you can.

We've only used the newborn hold. Actually, one time I did it when his legs hanging out (facing me), not sure what that one is called? But he loves the NB hold still so that's what we do. He is out within a few mins every. single. time I put him in it, even if he just took like a 3 hr nap! haha. Last night he was fussy and up for hours and I couldnt get him to sleep, but DH put him in the Moby and he was out within minutes. Put him in the bed, and I *think* he slept 6 straight hrs! woohoo!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 8th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, and Im also not a fan of the boppy. I had one of those My BrestFriend pillows this time and I loved it, but after the first week or two I just didnt need it. He had his latch perfect, he was feeding well, so now I just nurse him without it.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I get hot really quickly though so less layers is best. I could just imagine me tearing it off as quickly as possible. If the baby is in the sling I can sort of cope but summers are really a killer here also.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Moby and cosleeper

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
January 10th, 2013, 10:02 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
We use pretty much everything we purchased but the one item I think we use most is the $5 iphone app that lets us track her feedings, sleep time, etc and it syncs between phones. We use it all day long and it saves us from having to carry around a piece of paper or give each other the play by play from memory (which both of us are losing thanks to lack of sleep). Its great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search