I'm confused.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By SarahxSyanide
  • 1 Post By nina9809

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Back tracking a little - I started taking bc pills at about 4 weeks pp. Then after x-mas I decided to stop taking the pill because I felt like it wasn't helping with my moods or hormones; it was making me more of an emotional wreck and I had been getting better. So the very same day I stopped taking my bc pill DH and I dtd and instead of doing the pull and pray method like we had agreed on, it turned into a pray only moment.

Now fast forward a week later to now...
I haven't taken any tests, I am just waiting to see if aunt flow shows or not. I think once I start testing I wont be able to stop and I really don't want to obsess over it. I don't FEEL like it was successful. I even told DH I don't think our little passionate moment was going to result in a pregnancy. THEN a few hours later DH starts talking about me getting pregnant, and how long did I want to wait? I told him I thought our plan was 6 months which would put us at ttc this April/May.
His reaction shocked me!
DH: "WHAT? I didn't mean for you to be THAT patient... I didn't know we were waiting until 2018 to have a baby!"
Me: *looks confused* "I thought we were waiting 6 months?"
DH: "I don't know how long you wanted to wait."
Me: "....Well how long do YOU want to wait?"
DH: "That's what I'm asking you."
Me: "I don't really want to wait. I thought we were just doing it to be safe?"
DH: "We are."
Me: ".....So then how long do you want to wait?"
DH: "You tell me?"
Me: *getting frustrated* "Stop being difficult and just give me a number."
DH: "......We can just wait and see what happens."
Me: ......
Me: "What do you mean? Like start trying now?"
DH: "Would you want to get pregnant now?"
Me: "Yes, but I don't know how you feel about it. You said before you wanted to wait 6 months and that's what we agreed on."
DH : "Well we can just wait a little and see what happens."

So it sounds to me like DH doesn't want to wait. I am even suspecting that since DH knew I was about to ovulate, he got caught up in the moment of wanting to have another baby soon and that's why we had the little slip up a week ago. Hmmm, doesn't it sound like it to y'all? I have a feeling I may end up in the Nov 2013 DDC. I have to admit though... seeing a couple of you ladies taking pregnancy and ovulation tests is making me a little jealous. I want it so bad... This whole waiting or not waiting thing is making me crazy. I don't think we will be waiting 6 months after all but then again I don't know what DH wants to do. I think he changes his mind a lot just like I do. Anyways, thanks for listening
SarahxSyanide likes this.

January 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that would drive me nuts!

Bottom line, you want to get pregnant again. I say go for it.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
January 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
Mmhm I'd say go for it too!

January 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Veteran
If you feel like you're mentally & physically ready, go for it. Or, go NTNP until you're super ready to get the show on the road!
January 4th, 2013, 07:13 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
<--- This is me rooting for you!! My heart skipped a beat in excitement for you ttc sooner!!

I say go for it Amy!!

You deserve your rainbow baby!
Ame C likes this.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]

Last edited by SarahxSyanide; January 4th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
January 4th, 2013, 07:35 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I say, if you feel ready - then NTNP for a few months before officially starting to TTC. Or start TTC right now.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 5th, 2013, 02:58 AM
I just went to the bathroom and there was a little brown on the tp. My period is due in a week so the witch could be showing her face a little early, OR.... implantation bleeding?
I never spotted with Clyde so this would be a new thing for me. I imagine it's my period since I just stopped my bc a week ago. My body probably has no idea whats going on right now

January 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did AF show?

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Nina, AF hasn't showed yet and the spotting stopped. I still think AF is on her way but I have a few days before I even need to think about poas.

January 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that you get your oppsie BFP this month

January 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can respect why you want to wait since it's so scary to be pregnant again after a loss, but I know many people who have gotten pregnant again quickly after a full-term pregnancy and had healthy pregnancies. I'm sure that Clyde is in Heaven finding the perfect little brother or sister and will send him/her down once he's found them.

January 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thank you ladies for keeping us in your T&P, all the love and support and cheering us on. Many of you have said "Nothing I say will take the pain away"... it's true, but I want you ladies to know I have found comfort in many of the kind words that have been said to me. Many of the messages make me start balling like a baby, don't worry though because it is very sweet what y'all write about Clyde. It really doesn't take much to get me crying now a days.

I have been spotting on and off but still nothing that I can say is for sure AF. The coloring is a light brown no pink or red blood yet and it's a very low flow... if you can even call it a flow. After wearing a pad for 5 hours today I only had 2 tiny spots on the pad. As I type this I am feeling mild cramps. It feels to me like the beginning AF cramps.

DH and I talked again about waiting to ttc or not. He was much more cooperative this time and actually told me his opinion without having to play 20 questions to get it out of him. He let me know that he didn't want to wait the full 6 months but wanted to do what was best for me, even if it meant he had to wait. DH said if we never had anymore children he would be happy as long as he had me, but he understands if I feel like I need a baby to feel complete. I know he wants children very badly... a few years ago when we started talking about children DH was the one who wanted to start ttc right away and I was the one who said we needed to wait until we were financially ready. Another reason why I wanted to wait is because my parents gave one of my older sisters a hard time with each one of her pregnancies (she has 4 kids on earth and 1 in heaven). They would constantly tell her that she was crazy and couldn't afford anymore children and that she needed to put her babies up for adoption once they were born. My mom actually talked my sister into aborting her first child at the age of 18. Yes, I know that's extremely F'ed up!! That sister is the black sheep in our family and I guess they didn't think she was/is responsible enough to raise children. She has been in trouble with authority most of her life. Anyways, I was always worried that my parents would act the same way towards me when they found out that I was expecting so I wanted to wait until I was at a 'perfect age' to be having babies. THANK GOD my parents were never negative to me about Clyde. But I am an adult now and my husband supports us like the honorable man he is. The only negative things I remember them saying was that they didn't like Clyde's name but it quickly grew on them and now they act like Clyde is the best name in the world.

(Ack! I'm trailing off...)
So basically my point is, DH and I talked... I wanted to keep it a surprise but I am horrible with surprises so I am going to only tell you ladies (my family can find out when it happens). DH and I are going to start ttc again at the end of February (a total of 4 months of waiting). If my cycle doesn't change too much from now until then, I will ovulate around Feb 26th. I got pregnant the first cycle we ttc last time. I'm not gloating about it, I am just hoping it will be easy like the first time and we don't run into any fertility problems. Both my aunt and my oldest sister have fertility problems and they both had to adopt their children. They were never able to have any of their own. My oldest sister tried envitro but it only resulted in losses. I also have a cousin who had fertility problems but she finally got her first rainbow baby after trying for I think 5 or 6 years. DH's sister has been having many early losses but she has a blood clotting disorder and is 42 years old. Her cycles are also very screwy. I am so scared of anything else bad happening!!

I am hoping to be getting the BFP that results in my rainbow baby shortly after Feb 26th. I am so nervous/excited. At least DH and I have a date now and it's not that far away. I don't have to drive myself crazy anymore with wondering how long we will be waiting. April/May seemed SO far away (6 months). The end of February is better. I think I can be patient until then.

January 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
:exited: YAY!!!!

besides you're mom being negative haha
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
January 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
So excited for you! You deserve your rainbow baby, and if you both feel ready now, then go for it!!!

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search