Finding Free Time...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nataliamw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I don't know about you guys but between the holiday stresses and winter weather tasks I've hardly found down time for myself let alone JM.

I kind feel bad. I'm way out of the loop on here. Annalise is finally starting to take morning and late afternoon naps though so that has allowed me to get in some "mommy" time and quiet time.

Today- I painted my nails, did 5 loads of laundry, put Christmas presents away, and enjoyed chai tea from my new Keurig that DH bought me .

Anyone else able to find a little bit of time for themselves or their spouses? Any tips or tricks for us first-timers that are still adjusting?
January 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
All of my free time goes to homeschooling the other kids. I haven't really got the option not do that so I've had to wear Norah or have the kids do things around me while I am nursing. We have cut back on field trips and park days, but we'll be back to all of those things after her first set of vaccinations.

As for me time, the kids have to be in their rooms by 10pm. That's when I can sort of relax, as much as I can with a baby at least. Usually DH can take Norah on a couple of nights and just let me go to bed. I know my own time is not mine right now, but it will be again.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

January 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's free time? I've forgotten. The closest I've gotten is a 15 sec shower, or grocery shopping with just Nathaniel. DH still isn't comfortable with both boys. He better get ready. He will have them both all day Monday when I go back to work.

Hey, that can be my free time. The drive to and from work.

January 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
No free time here. Only way I was able to get my toe nails clipped and painted this week was to lock myself and Cambria in the bathroom and do them while pumping. If I just had the baby, I'd be set, but Akadia takes up all my time.

January 8th, 2013, 06:52 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No free time here without any kids. However, I consider nighttime, after the girls go to bed and I only have Logan to be free time. He's so easy going that it's easy to relax with him.

The baby is the easy one, it's the toddler and preschooler that take the most time, or I should say stress me out the most!

January 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Frankie still naps a lot. We get 2-3 hour naps a few times a day. It's really nice, I have time to clean, shower and do laundry. I don't really have much relax time. John does watch Frankie after he is done work and lets me do something I want and I'll give John a little bit of free time to play his video games.
January 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get a little time each day when DH comes home to use our elliptical or rowing machine. That's about it. Also DH will watch Sean on weekend mornings for a few hours so I can get a bit of extra sleep.

January 8th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Veteran
I have a hard time finding any time for myself. DH has been working 12 hour days, and with the drive and lunch, he's gone for 14 hours 5 days a week. Some days are great and she will sleep and I can get some things done, but some days are really rough. Especially since she needs to be held 90% of the time while she is awake, or else she screams.
January 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, no free time here either. My toddler Lucy goes to day care 3 times a week, those days I am alone with Adam and I consider those days my days "off" since having just the newborn is easy compared to having him AND the toddler at the same time. I used to use their nap time as my free time but now I just nap with them since my nights are shot
My free time is when I shower (I learned to lock the door otherwise my dh will let the toddler go up and bang on the shower stall) or when I get to go out to see a friend (dh will stay with Adam as long as Lucy is already in bed which is past 8pm).
I am also out of my drive to work because when my leave ends, I am going back to an office that is only 5 mins away (used to be 30 mins away), so I don't even get to listen to my npr morning shows anymore lol.
But yeah, when you are a first timer, you can get pretty overwhelmed because the change is so huge from no kids to one kid. Once you add to the bunch, it's only an incremental change for the worse of course LOL
Sometimes when I can't fall asleep I dream of those Saturdays and Sundays when I had the whole day to myself
Hopolka likes this.
January 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to get my DH to take over 2 evenings a week for an hour and a half so I can go to the gym, and Saturdays for 3 hours so I can do gym + spa section of the gym.

Otherwise I listen to audiobooks while feeding her in the daytime.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search