I forget

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Whose breast feeding, formula feeding or doing a combo of both?

How's it going?

January 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Im now formula feeding with Similac Sensitive. It looks like we might be staying with it.
BF was going good but due to nothing working for her fussiness I stopped to see if the formula helped. She is getting better I think so guessing she has a problem with lactose in my milk so I probably wont be going back.
Sucks since Ill be throwing out weeks worth of milk in the freezer.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 6th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taatie10 View Post
Im now formula feeding with Similac Sensitive. It looks like we might be staying with it.
BF was going good but due to nothing working for her fussiness I stopped to see if the formula helped. She is getting better I think so guessing she has a problem with lactose in my milk so I probably wont be going back.
Sucks since Ill be throwing out weeks worth of milk in the freezer.
Did you ever try removing milk from your diet?

I'm glad she's doing better on formula!
*treefrog* and gardenbelle like this.

January 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Formula feeding now as well since Sophia was having major issues with my milk. I also have a freezer full of expressed milk. Katie have you tried to see if there is a hospital or group that accepts donated breast milk in your area???
nina9809 and Dhartanya like this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhartanya View Post
Did you ever try removing milk from your diet?

I'm glad she's doing better on formula!
Glad she is doing better Katie
FYI: I had to remove ALL dairy and wheat from my diet while bf my last two. It stunk on my end, with how limited I was on what I could eat. But, for me it was worth it. Not sure if that would be an option for you, but thought I'd throw it out there that it worked for me. In my case though, my babies weren't in pain, like Samantha is. They both had green slimy poops with blood in it. I never figured out if it was the dairy in my diet or the wheat or both (I cut them both at the same time), but shortly after cutting them from my diet my babies symptoms went away.
Weird thing was when I started them on cows milk at 1 year, they were both fine. Go figure!

But again, I am glad Samantha is feeling better

Our family is complete

January 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *treefrog* View Post
FYI: I had to remove ALL dairy and wheat from my diet while bf my last two. It stunk on my end, with how limited I was on what I could eat. But, for me it was worth it. Not sure if that would be an option for you, but thought I'd throw it out there that it worked for me. In my case though, my babies weren't in pain, like Samantha is. They both had green slimy poops with blood in it. I never figured out if it was the dairy in my diet or the wheat or both (I cut them both at the same time), but shortly after cutting them from my diet my babies symptoms went away.
Weird thing was when I started them on cows milk at 1 year, they were both fine. Go figure!

There are some pretty neat no wheat options now,,. Especially with sweets and baked good!
Even with no dairy... There's coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk and icky soy milk (lol).
*treefrog* and MamaLemonade like this.

January 6th, 2013, 12:45 PM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
we are breastfeeding and things are going great she is growing loads bless her
January 6th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Rilynn is growing like a weed on breast milk.
I'm purposefully not eating dairy, the few times I did, she spit up.

Starting tomorrow I'm eliminating grains too, so no wheat or gluten for me!

January 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are nursing and doing great! I think spicy stuff upsets her tummy. Last night I had some queso (my hubby made it spicier than normal), and she puked allll down my back and front of me. Then spit up most of the night. Today has been better.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

January 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Caleb gets EBM. He nurses about 60% of the time and then gets expressed milk the rest. He's growing like a weed, so I guess things are going well
January 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding over here. Ack - I can't imagine throwing out all that milk! As an EBM...that's like sacrilege. I completely understand - but man my frozen stash is my rock.

Going good...apart from a stupid clogged duct making me feel like el poopo.
Dhartanya likes this.
January 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding and it's going well.

Daffney

January 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pumping, supplementing with formula because I cant make enough for him. Its not going great

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
Breastfeeding is going pretty good. Gets a little frustrating at times when he seems to want to be constantly latched on.
January 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
Formula feeding now as well since Sophia was having major issues with my milk. I also have a freezer full of expressed milk. Katie have you tried to see if there is a hospital or group that accepts donated breast milk in your area???
I wouldnt know where to start so I guess I can call the hospital. I hate to throw it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *treefrog* View Post

I hate to say it but I dont think I could and this is easier. I'm kind of a picky eater and I have reflux and GERD issues myself so I have to be careful of some stuff. Formula I think is just easier and I dont think I could take her symptoms hanging around while I give it the few weeks to try & see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Pumping, supplementing with formula because I cant make enough for him. Its not going great
Ah Ashleigh Im sorry to hear BF not working out. I'd send you mine in a heartbeat.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are breastfeeding and aside from feeling like a walking boob, it's going pretty well. Tomato products are a big no, and cabbage... But otherwise doing well!

January 6th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
we r breastfeeding and it's been going pretty well. Will transition to formula or at least supplementing in the next couple weeks just before I go back to work

Thank you Jaidynsmum

January 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are breastfeeding 90% of the feedings with one bottle of expressed breast milk a day. Things are going great!

January 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For those BFing with fussy babies, it's actually very rare for a baby to be lactose intolerant.

http://kellymom.com/health/baby-heal...ivity/#lactose

http://kellymom.com/health/baby-heal...e-intolerance/

Usually it is due to a food intolerance, most common being dairy protein, which is why most babies who are fussy when moms eat dairy when they newborns can drink cows milk when they are a year old. It's just when they are little that their tummies can't handle it. Many moms I know that have to go dairy free only have to do it for about 3-6 mos, sometimes a year but not always, until the baby's digestive system develops more.

http://kellymom.com/health/baby-heal...d-sensitivity/

Just trying to throw out suggestions for those who are switching to formula due to fussiness!

Anyways, we are EBFing and hope to for as long as he wants to (planning on letting him self-wean). Everything is going great. He's a bit fussy here and there but just normal baby fussiness, I think he just went through a growth spurt...

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
Breastfeeding. We're having big issues with gassiness/fussiness as well. I have issues with forceful letdown along with over supply. We have been working on it for sometime now with little improvement. I also just started cutting out dairy to see if that will help. I really hope it works because she seems like it's causing her so much pain somedays I wonder if it's worth it to be putting her through this or if I should just switch to formula myself.....

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy

Last edited by BlueJayBaby; January 6th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search