Tilting Baby in crib?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
The Truth is out There
Maggie prefers to sleep tilted upright. She will sleep for hours on her boppy during the day. I sleep slightly tilted when she sleeps on my chest, and she was always tilted at the hospital when we were there.
So now my question is, how I do tilt her in the crib? I'm assuming it's not safe to let her sleep in the boppy at night (any thoughts on that?) so I'd like to find a way to tilt her in the crib, it might help her sleep in there.
I don't have a problem with putting her on the boppy and going with that, but I have a feeling that it's a big no-no.

Any ideas?

January 6th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
technically, sleeping in the boppy at all is a no no, even for naps. I let Truett sleep in it sometimes but only when Im right there, usually pumping. While in the hospital, they had him tilted up like that too. Ive wondered about doing it at home, but he seems to be adjusting just fine. So... sorry, I have no tips.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say that since the boppy is covered with the words "not for sleeping" I would be extremely concerned with LO sleeping in the pillow if not supervised. Put a wedge pillow under the mattress...

January 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Rilynn sleeps in her boopy if me or someone else is right there.
I would think a wedge under her mattress would tilt it enough.

January 6th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the Fischer Price newborn rock n play sleeper which keeps LO at an incline and is safe for LO to sleep in at night...I love it!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002M77N22

Thank you Jaidynsmum

January 6th, 2013, 10:41 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
The pediatrician recommended it to help with Samantha's reflux.
Since I havent been able to find a wedge (havent been to the store) I just have a couple books under the mattress at one end for the time being.
It works good. But she wiggles so much that while she sleeps she slides down some.

January 7th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I would prop something under her mattress to tilt it up. You can always roll a receiving blanket under her butt to help keep her from sliding down the wedge. I had to do that with DD1 but so far DS doesn't need propped up.
January 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have the twins beds probed up with folded blankets to keep them sitting upright. the dr also said when their noses were stopped up to put them in a swing/bouncy seat/car seat or anything they could be buckeled into to prevernt falling. but i would just get the wedge or put something under the bed

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

January 8th, 2013, 07:16 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_Mia View Post
I have the Fischer Price newborn rock n play sleeper which keeps LO at an incline and is safe for LO to sleep in at night...I love it!!

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow:Amazon:Baby
Just saw this on the news this morning...
Warning to inspect Fisher-Price infant sleepers - SFGate

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search