Birth Control

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 04:08 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Really? I thought I had heard it can make your periods lighter or even stop them. Are there different kinds? I really need to do some research.
When I first got my Mirena last time i had a few weeks of bleeding then no period at all until a month or so after it was removed
Gripstress likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Really? I thought I had heard it can make your periods lighter or even stop them. Are there different kinds? I really need to do some research.
It depends on if you go with the Mirena or the Paragard IUD. The Mirena you have lighter periods or possibly none at all.
The Paragard you can get heavier ones because its hormone free.

I'm probably gonna do the Mirena IUD if my insurance approves it. MY OB's office is working on the auth then if it comes through I will get it at my 6wk appt on 22nd.
We want to TTC in 2-2 1/2yrs but even thought the Mirena is 5years I want to do it since I started having issues with Nuva Ring about 9mos before I got pregnant and I suck at taking pills. I want to not need to think about BC.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 7th, 2013, 05:16 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^ I think now all birth control is covered under insurance at 100% with the obamacare thing?? No? And breast pumps too for that matter!
I believe as soon as your policy renewed/renews after Aug last year it is in effect

Last edited by ** Tay **; January 7th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
January 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Nope. Some insurances still wont cover everything. All depends on the plan benefits.
I know I have benefits its a matter of how the office does it with this specialty pharmacy if my insurance will let it go that way.

My Ovulation Chart
January 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I got my IUD during the c-section or I'd have had to wait 4 more weeks from now and start my crappy deductible over again. $1500+ dollars for Mirena alone.

This is my 3rd Mirena and I love them! I had a Paragard and it was good too but the periods were normal. I have heavier crampier periods so I knew this time it would be Mirena again. Hormones are super low with it and even though it's a 5 year max, it can be easily removed earlier and many resume fertility shortly after removal. I have removed all of my own IUDs when I wanted to get pregnant. lol It doesn't hurt at all to remove and it's like mild cramps to put in.

I think I should be a rep for the Mirena...it's the best BC I know of and even had one put in my 17 y/o.
taatie10 and ** Tay ** like this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
DH already got the big V since we are done

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 7th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH will be getting a vasectomy at some point, probably next year. With my second, my period didnt come back until she was 15 mos old. So for now, we wont be using anything because I highly doubt that it will be coming back anytime soon. And if it does and I get prego, well, so be it.

After my others, I had the IUD but I stopped it after I learned it was abortifacent. Not many people know that so if that would be against your beliefs I suggest you might want to look into something else? Just putting that out there...

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will probably get the Mirena again. As much as I like fertility awareness and NFP, I just cant depend on having that kind of consistancy in my schedule anytime soon. And I really cant handle the idea of getting pregnant in the foreseeable future.

I had the mirena last time. My periods were barely existent. Gotta love that. I cant do any more pills, my body doesnt do well with hormones. Im hoping mirena will not make me crazy Fingers crossed lol
taatie10 and Gripstress like this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Too late Ashleigh...you're crazy j/k of course... I also can't handle the hormones and am always worried about getting cancer from them anyway. Mirena is so low that it doesn't worry me and the other possibilities scare me more...like getting pregnant again or having the awful cramps/periods...ick!
Shades of Grey likes this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Youre right I should have said 'scary crazy' lol
gardenbelle and Gripstress like this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 8th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Ohhh, scary crazy is a no bueno
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Nope, been there a couple times. I remember crying and screaming at my husband asking if I could stop taking Yaz lol that was not a fun crazy
Gripstress likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 12:34 PM
lol I bet he was cool with you stopping by the end of that! We've all been down that crazy road before...some of us a few more times than others
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I think his response was yes please...
Gripstress likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
lol I figured it went something like that
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 15th, 2013, 12:29 AM
pull and pray

EDD: 01/30/2015

January 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
I got my IUD during the c-section or I'd have had to wait 4 more weeks from now and start my crappy deductible over again. $1500+ dollars for Mirena alone.

This is my 3rd Mirena and I love them! I had a Paragard and it was good too but the periods were normal. I have heavier crampier periods so I knew this time it would be Mirena again. Hormones are super low with it and even though it's a 5 year max, it can be easily removed earlier and many resume fertility shortly after removal. I have removed all of my own IUDs when I wanted to get pregnant. lol It doesn't hurt at all to remove and it's like mild cramps to put in.

I think I should be a rep for the Mirena...it's the best BC I know of and even had one put in my 17 y/o.

I got a call yesterday from my OB's office that my Mirena came in and my insurance paid 100% So excited for that when I keep getting EOB's in the mail saying I owe stuff for delivery I didnt even know about
Shades of Grey and Gripstress like this.

My Ovulation Chart
January 15th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Wow, Katie, your insurance is nice! And much smarter than most insurance too...duh a baby will cost them much more. That is awesome I know about the hospital bills too...I have charges from doctors that I never even saw and tests/drugs I don't remember getting, etc. Burns me up pretty good!

But YAY for the IUD! What a relief!

Btw, I had to put my dd on state funded women's healthcare to pay for her IUD...$1500 was not an option for us. And she HAS insurance! These companies need to be forced to pay. Sorry...more rant
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Oh I hear you Rebecca. I'm getting EOB's and I'm going who are you and when did you see me or Samantha?
I'm still majorly pissed that 2 weeks ago, I got the EOB from my OB triage visit on Labor Day, I owe the on call Dr almost $200. What the he** for??? She made me wait over 2hrs and I only saw her for not even 5 minutes and that was only for her to tell me you can go home now The nurses are the ones who did everything.

Insurances are just nuts.
I got lucky, the way my OB office does it they order Mirena's from a Specialty Pharmacy so they dont have to shell out the money first. SO mine went through my Pharmacy benefits, thats the only way it paid 100%. IF it didnt go that route I'm not even sure if it was covered.

My Ovulation Chart
January 15th, 2013, 08:52 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Sorry, should have clarified - the non hormonal type. I can't do hormones, they make me mean, crazy and completely take away any libido. Good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Youre right I should have said 'scary crazy' lol
That's me on hormonal birth control too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search