Birth Control

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Exactly...drs you never saw or the ones that came in for 2 seconds and did not even do their job well. They should be required to get your signature with how much it is going to cost(unless it's an emergency of course). I had one lady, a social worker, come in and piss me off and that cost me a bunch of money. What the hell is that?!

As for the IUD, that's awesome that they did it that way! Something to consider for others for sure. My stupid stupid stupid insurance makes me pay my $3000 deductible for prescriptions too though. Once that was met I'd still have to pay from 20-50% of the bill. I work for Kraft Foods btw...great company hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
Sorry, should have clarified - the non hormonal type. I can't do hormones, they make me mean, crazy and completely take away any libido. Good times!

That's me on hormonal birth control too!
Would the hormones in the IUD still give you issues? It is low dose and goes(and stays mostly) in the uterus. I still like the Paragard but it doesn't help with the periods. Would still get it if Mirena was not available.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually worried about BC...

We don't have a great history. And there has to be eighteen months between births to get my VBAC. We've gotten pregnant using both condoms and sponges. Dr.s won't prescribe hormonal bc for me because I've had a blood clot. We know that we're going to want to ttc again in the next year, so I'm hesitant to spend the money on an IUD. We'll probably end up using condoms and praying... but TMI, we've had problems with condoms staying in place. I'm thinking about begging my OB to let me use a low dose pill...

January 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those interested in mirena but not wanting to spend tons, have you thought of checking with planned parenthood? They usually offer all sorts of birth control cheaper and on a sliding scale if that applies to you. When I was uninsured I went through them to have mine removed. It was cheaper there than a dr office.
Gripstress likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Yep that's the only way I was able to get my daughter's IUD paid for. Good point Ashleigh. And many clinics, not just PP, use the same sliding scale....much cheaper or even free
Shades of Grey likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going to be going back on the birth control pill

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search