When will I sleep again?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 2 Post By gardenbelle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 02:41 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I see a lot of you are sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night now but Im wondering at what point did that start? Agatha is just a week old but is up every 2-3 hours and needs about an hour in between those cycles to be feed, changed, rocked, etc.

At what point did your baby start sleeping longer stretches during the night?

January 7th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night Tyler slept 5 hours straight...he's only done this once before. We are at 3Weeks and 4 days. You will sleep again

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 7th, 2013, 05:08 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Took us about a month she sleeps from 10pm till bout 3 then back to sleep till 7

January 7th, 2013, 05:44 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blake is 4 weeks today and is almost always 9:30-3, then back down till 7-8...

You will sleep again, promise!

January 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD1 I remember thinking, "what is all of this - 'your baby will sleep 18-22 hours as a newborn' crap?" because she slept so much less than that...

I didn't get really good stretches of sleep with Marlowe until she was a couple to few months old. Right now, Willa is routinely sleeping about 3-4 hours in the first stretch, and then is up again every 2 hours or so.

It sucks, Stephanie, but it's such a short period of time in the long run...A year from now you probably won't even remember.
taatie10 and Becky_78 like this.
January 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
During our 2nd week we started getting some longer stretches of sleep but we still have our rough nights. I'm definitely looking forward to consistently sleeping better!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

January 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When they are 18 (insert evil laugh)!
It totally depends on the baby. With James, there haven't been any 8 hour stretches yet - he just had his first 5 hour stretch last weekend at a month old.
With Penny, she started sleeping 8 hour stretches at 6-8 weeks. With Jack, he didn't sleep 8 hour stretches until at least 9 months and he still wakes up in the middle of the night most nights at 4 1/2.
*treefrog* and MarlowesMum like this.

January 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The Truth is out There
Maggie is 3 weeks today and she's only slept in longer stretches (4 hours) twice (at night that is, during the day she can sleep for hours... )

January 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
It was about 2 weeks before Caleb slept for 4 hour stretches, and now at almost 4 weeks he's slept a few 6.5 hour stretches We still have a few rough nights, but overall things are a lot better than in the beginning. I know it feels like an eternity now, but you both will be sleeping before you know it.
January 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Sophia is 2 months old and wakes every 4-5 hours

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
There is no way to foresee your LO's sleeping habits, since they're all so different & unpredictable (as you can see from the responses so far!) I co-sleep for the first 6+ months, so I have no idea when DS began sleeping for long stretches, nor do I know how long Dalya sleeps at 10 days old. But as difficult as these first months can be, they honestly do go SO quickly!!
January 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBump View Post
I see a lot of you are sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night now but Im wondering at what point did that start? Agatha is just a week old but is up every 2-3 hours and needs about an hour in between those cycles to be feed, changed, rocked, etc.

At what point did your baby start sleeping longer stretches during the night?
Samantha is 4 weeks old and that is pretty much what we are doing too.
My 6-8 hours is only when you add up the 2hrs stretches between 11pm-10am.
And I doubt I'm getting 8hrs now, maybe 6 if I'm lucky since she doesnt want to go back to sleep after feeding around 4-6am. So I can be up nearly 2hrs and then I still have to take her to bed with me. She just started this end of last week.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 7th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I might be getting "8 hrs of sleep" but they definitely aren't all together! We cosleep so I have no idea how many times he wakes up. We dont have an alarm clock so I dont know what times he wakes up. Maybe 2-4x a night, just depends. But I just wake up briefly, latch him on, then go back to sleep. He makes all those crazy newborn sounds that wake me up thinking he wants to nurse, but he'll just wag his head back and forth looking for a boob, but then go back to sleep, lol.

It seems around 3 wks, tho, was when he started being more consistent at night... Going to sleep for the night when we do, doesnt wake up and "party" at night, haha...

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search