Maternity Leave Ending

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I know we had several ladies start back to work this week and a few more of us will be back at the grind next week. How's everyone holding up? Glad to get back, dreading it? I'm a little glad to get out of the house, but hate the thought of leaving the girls even though I could use a break from Akadia (but don't tell her that).

January 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran
im still feeling bad for all you that have to go back . im lucky i don't have to go back until november and even then im dreading it.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 7th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My leave ended on the 2nd, but I took an extension of an additional 12wks. I dont think I am going to go back. I let my boss know that. We are moving sometime early this year so I may put in for a transfer, but I dont even know about that. This is the first time I havent returned to work right away. With the others the longest I took off was 3wks, the shortest was just 4days... Im glad to be home!!

January 7th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I go back on the 22nd and I am dreading it. Where did the past 12 weeks go?! I don't want to be away from Sophia all day

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back on the 23rd. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm not dreading it either. I think there will be plusses and minuses. It'll be nice to be back in the office having more regular adult interaction, but not so nice having to do the whole morning scramble. I think Roger will be fine, he's going to stay home with DH (works from home) and I know he's good to go on the bottle, so I'm not worried about that too much. I will miss my baby though!
Hopolka likes this.

baby Roger @ 7 months

January 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I'm with you Renee. I don't go back until the 29th but I see positives and negatives. I know Annalise takes the bottle well from anyone and naps during the morning and late afternoon well. DH will be able to watch her 2 days out of the week and my MIL the other day so, it shouldn't be too bad. I will have another gal willing to watch her on the mornings I need to get some things done or if my MIL isn't available. I'm also ready for adult interaction. The ladies at work are so fun and energetic, most of them older. I miss their stories. But I will be interested to see how pumping goes while I'm at work 12hrs out of the day. Only time will tell I suppose...
MoonMom likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't envy you ladies having to go back to work. I brought Sean into my school today for a visit (we were there for 2 hours and still didn't get to see everyone!) and that was okay. If I could go to work for a couple of hours and do nothing but show off my baby and get paid for it that'd be great!

January 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not due to go back until the last week of October, so I'm not stressing yet. Even then, I only work on weekends (I love my job), so daddy can stay with the kids while I work. Then M-F I'm a SAHM. I get the best of both worlds, and I can actually sit and relax at work, lol.

I don't envy you women in the states who don't get a year off. Not fun.

January 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
My boss would probably throw himself under a bus if I took a year off. Even while on maternity leave, I was keeping an eye on him and his schedule. I wouldn't mind the year off though.

January 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It will be one week tomorrow since I've been back. I'm struggling to be honest. I miss my kids and there were a lot of changes to my position while I was out. I'm having to pretty much relearn my job and all my coworkers got a 2 month head start on me. It's tough.

January 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been back for four weeks already and its gone really well. I don't get to pump super often (floor nurse) but my supply is holding up. She transitions from the boob to bottle really well. I enjoy my job, the adult interaction, and the paychecks. It was nice to be off for 8 weeks though, that is the longest I ever stayed home with any of my kids
January 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran
I go back January 30th & am absolutely dreading it. I LOVE my coworkers, but just don't want to leave him. It's going to be so hard.

I'm still hoping I can go to at least part time, but we have to wait & see how a few things pan out.
January 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Veteran
when u all go back to work who watches your children? or do they have daycares for that age?

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuma View Post
when u all go back to work who watches your children? or do they have daycares for that age?
They do have daycares but my mom is keeping Owen.
January 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
i'm not a fan of daycare. i would rather have a family member watch her or i would love to work form home, but i don't see that happening. i wish i could just stay home with her. this is gonna be difficult.

January 14th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Officially back to work today. I'm working from home though on Monday's and Friday's so that cushions the blow. I'll be back in the office tomorrow and I am trying not to think about being away from Cam all day. It helps that my mom watches the girls though. I think I would be more of a mess if I was leaving them at a daycare center. At least I know they are with grandma and I don't have to lug much over there since she has everything they need already.

January 14th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking a break from my business until at least next September, but I need to graduate now or never from my masters degree. If I don't do it this year, I know myself, I never will. And I've started the writing process today. I have attended all my classes, turned in half my papers, I have 2 papers left to write (due in July) and an internship to do in April. So I need to find an internship and childcare and write my papers (from speaking to classmates who finished last year, I can expect one of them to take about a month and a half and the other a month.
It's nice since I don't have to leave Héloïse until April, but working from home with a baby is pretty tough also.

January 14th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Veteran
I've been working part time from home the entire time but I am back in the office part time now. I had 6 weeks home but I really need to get back to the office, we are too small a company to be short staffed for long. I'm luck though that I'm getting to phase back into working full time. Right now I'm only in for 3 partial days a week and then I work part time from home. Of course that is job one, I'm supposed to be doing other part time work from home and I also have a small retail/whole sale business I own. I took a couple weeks off from everything and it was wonderful but I have to get back in gear now.
January 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go back on or around the 23rd. I have mixed feelings. I'm excited because I'll be training to be a labor nurse which has been my goal since starting nursing school, so that's going to be awesome. But of course I'm going to miss being home and I worry about leaving Ainsely. I know she'll be fine but still.
January 15th, 2013, 07:30 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went back yesterday, but I get to take Ellie with me, so it kinda doesn't count. Right now I'm working 3 days a week to catch up, but will be dropping back down to two in a few weeks. She did SOOO good yesterday! I wore her a lot, especially while I was up filing. The rest of the time, she hung out in a bouncy chair right next to my desk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search