Changing crib sheets?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Becky_78
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By Becky_78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it just me, or is this ridiculously hard and time consuming? Tyler is only really in the crib right now after diaper changes (so I can wash my hands) or for moments while I'm doing something in his room. Already he's peed through his diaper or spit up all over the sheet.

Am I missing something or does the whole mattress have to come out to change the sheet every time? And am I always changing the mattress cover and sheet? Or just the sheet?

And I now believe that bumpers aren't just discouraged for SiDS reduction, but because changing the sheet takes 20 min just to tie all the ties gain!! Ugh!
** Tay ** and dickersons09 like this.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 8th, 2013, 07:10 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I soooooo agree with you! It is a pain!
January 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lay a thin receiving blanket over the sheet and lay LO on that instead of the sheet. I change the receiving blanket as needed, but it cuts down drastically on sheet changes. And yes, it's a PITA...lol!

Our family is complete

January 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yes, they're such a pain! I haven't even put her in her crib at all yet, just changed them when I first washed them. Right now she's sleeping in the pack 'n play and that has a changing table with it. So I haven't had to mess with the crib sheets but not looking forward to it when we get to that point.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Yeah, it's a pain. Confession: sometimes I just let it dry and stain and put him in a different part of the crib just so I don't have to change the sheet.
May14th2011 likes this.
Due with #2 on July 10

January 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
Yeah, it's a pain. Confession: sometimes I just let it dry and stain and put him in a different part of the crib just so I don't have to change the sheet.
That was totally Joey's solution I like your style

So I googled around and found some helpful suggestions.
1. Only remove the bumper from the front and one side
2. Remove mattress on an angle instead of parallel to the sides
3. Put multiple sets of mattress pad & sheets on at once and remove layers as necessary (although I'm not sure this would help me since the fit is so tight).
4. Pull remaining bumper all the way to the top and slide mattress back under

I cut down my 20 min change to about five. Yeah! I honestly don't know how people survived before the Internet!!
Cassie.S likes this.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I have to take the whole mattress out also I only take one one of the bumpers off and that makes it so the mattress will go in and out.

I only change the sheet the mattress pad I dont unless whatever soaks through the sheet and onto the pad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
If its only spit up I'll do that same thing I'm not changing the sheet for just a little spit up just like I dont change her outfit everytime she spits up (not very often thankfully)

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Just lay a receiving blanket down first and most likely if it gets peed on or spit up on it won't soak through to the sheet. Otherwise I only change the mattress pad if it gets wet too. Yeah, it's a pain though!
January 9th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Veteran
Hi! I am Angie, and I am stopping by from the November playroom (although my daughter was born in December.) I like to use sheet savers to protect my sheets from spit up or pee so I don't have to change the sheets constantly.

sheet savers at Target

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search