When will you TTC again? Or will you?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Since DH and I's almost oopsie a few days ago I really started thinking of when I'd want to seriously start trying again.

I've always told myself these things need to be completed:
1) DD1 be potty trained
2) We'll have a house by then
3) I'll have a new car
4) DD1 be at least a year old.

While I'm hoping for all these things to be checked off my bucket list before trying again, it's probably not realistic. Though as quickly as we got PG the first time we probably should wait until she's at least a year old for financial reasons.

What's everyone else thinking?
January 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I had my 6 week pp appointment and asked when we can start trying for a 2nd because of having a c section. Well, she said we can start whenever we want if I'm having another c section, which is probably what I'll do. We plan on trying again in Oct, we got pregnant with Francis on our very first try, I'm hoping it works out that easily again. Crazy to think I could be pregnant again this year. lol
Hopolka likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
NEVER!!!

We started TTC #2 when DD1 turned one. Didn't expect it to happen on the first try, lol! It took us a year to conceive DD #1. I really like having them close together and 2 in diapers isn't bad.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was told to wait 6 months after my c-section so August at the earliest just to give a little bit of a buffer, too. Part of it depends on when I get my fertility back since I'm breastfeeding but I'm thinking sometime between August and October we'll start trying. I got pregnant twice in 3 cycles of TTC so hopefully it'll go quickly again.
Hopolka likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Nope! We're done, DH got the big V the day before thanksgiving, so that's it for us.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably not until Noah is around 18 months old. I want to enjoy him as a baby before having another. It took us a long time though to get pregnant with him ( 2 1/2 years) so I'm hoping #2 doesn't take as long.

[/url

January 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Not until DD1 is at least around 19 or 20 months. Probably summer of 2014, I know that time will go by fast enough. I also want to enjoy DD1 as a baby. Plus my sister got pregnant with her first 2 very young, had her first at 19 and 2nd at 20. She lived with us then, and having irish twins was very difficult! Know I don't want 2 babies at once
January 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If (and that's a big if), we decide to have a 3rd, it'll probably be once Kai is at least 20 months or so.

It might not matter though. With Izzy, my period didn't come back until 10 months pp, and even then I didn't ovulate every month. We were NTNP and I didn't get pregnant until she was 21 months old. We lost that baby at 11 weeks, but then I got pregnant with only one period in between. I still continued to breastfeed until halfway through this pregnancy when she was 30 months old.

There is a gap of 2 years and 9 months in between the kids, and I'm totally fine with that.

January 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cambria makes me want to and Akadia makes me not want to. So no idea when we will actively TTC. In the meantime, we aren't trying but not necessarily preventing.

January 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we haven't decided yet if we'll go for #3 but if we do, my OB recommended 2 years between deliveries. So it'd be like a year from now that we start TTC if we want another fall baby, 1.5 years if we want one in the spring (and I think I prefer spring babies).

baby Roger @ 7 months

January 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM
LindsayGriff
I think we are done. Haven't made anything permanent and wont yet but getting more and more satisified with my decision to be done.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
January 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
im not ready for # 2 anytime soon! i wanna have my own place to live, and be more stable. lily is a great baby, i just hope # 2 is just like her
Hopolka likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never!

Unless we have a drastic change of heart one day in the future or have an oops, there will be no more babies. I'm getting Mirena soon and once we are ready to do something truly permanent, DH will get a V.

We never officially tried for our second, but we weren't "not trying" either. She just happened.

January 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i knew we would have a 4th, i just didn't know how we would.. our own.. or adopted.. i have always wanted to adopt.. and we would like to foster, and then foster adopt.. but i am pretty sure DH and I decided we would try for #4 and we will foster later on and then maybe adopt when the kids are all older

January 8th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
The end of February.

January 8th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are done. I was going to get my tubes tied, but DH suggested that I just get the Mirena again. That reminds me, I still havent gone to my 6wk PP visit I need to make that apt.

January 8th, 2013, 11:22 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not for a while if ever of course activly trying was never on the docket in the first place

January 9th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
In a year well be trying for #2! It took 3 years to get pregnant and I'm pretty sure with my thyroid issues it'll take a while for the next baby too.

January 9th, 2013, 04:59 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
4 is my limit, I got my tubes tied so we be done!

January 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure that we will have a #4, but if we do it will not be anytime soon. Our first two were 46 months apart and I honestly really like that age range. DS and Ainsley are only 2.5 years apart and it is most definitely harder. If we have a fourth they will probably be 3-4 years apart. I'd like to pay off all our debt, have both the older kids in school, Ainsley in preschool, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search