Graduation Party – Flashback: Finding out/telling people

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How did you find out you were pregnant?
How did you tell DH/SO?
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

Last edited by Cassie.S; January 9th, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
January 9th, 2013, 08:07 AM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant? Lots of tests everyday from 6DPO... I thought I was seeing what I wanted to see and not what was really there.
How did you tell DH/SO? I asked him if he coud see the line too... He wasnt happy being woken up early haha
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? We waited until around 3 months due to a loss earlier in the year. we told SOs family at my birthday meal. we played chinese whispers

11/03/12
January 9th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
How did you find out you were pregnant? took a test
How did you tell DH/SO? over the phone
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? few weeks ater and just told them
January 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did you find out you were pregnant? I had a feeling then took a test
How did you tell DH/SO? sent him a pic of the stick.
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? we waited until the 2nd trimester, just put a thing on FB

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

January 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant? Took a test at 9dpo so that I could see if I could take cough medicine. I was floored.
How did you tell DH/SO? I put a bun inside the oven and told him I had something in there for him
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? I told my best friends at 7 weeks and the adults in our family at 13 weeks. The kids found out at around 18 weeks when the SCH was looking better

January 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant?: I took a test casually to make sure I could use bleach and heavy cleaners in our new apartment. It was the only time I thought for sure that i WASN'T pregnant. Surprise!

How did you tell DH/SO?: I was so shocked, I told him over the phone because I happened to be texting him while I was waiting for the result (which appeared in about 5 seconds). We both had a hard time reacting appropriately at first haha

When did you tell other people and how did you share the news?: We actually told our parents that day. I called my mom and sobbed (hormones) immediately after finding out haha. We figured that if we miscarried, we'd still want our parents to know about the pregnancy so we let them in on it ASAP.

January 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant?took a million test because i didnt believ it was really there
How did you tell DH/SO?he seen all the test but i also texted him every time i took one
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news?we just put it on facebook and texted my mom since she dosnt have a facebook that she uses anymore

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

January 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant? I just knew but a test confirmed.
How did you tell DH/SO? I took the test into the bedroom where DH was sleeping. I turned on his light and just said "holy $h!t" over and over. DS#5 was barely 3 months by this time. I was crying and laughing...speechless.
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? We told at 15 weeks after we knew the gender. After all boys it becomes the go to question and I just didn't want to deal with people's comments. Once we found out, I had my GF from culinary school write 'its a girl' on a chocolate covered candy apple and we posted that and sent it to family.
January 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How did you find out you were pregnant? Took a test the first morning of our vacay with my family, thought it would be another negative (since I started testing way too early) and was completely shocked when I got out of the shower and saw that it was positive!

How did you tell DH/SO? I walked out of the bathroom and burst into tears and told him there were two lines, I'm pregnant!

When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? Since we were on vacay with my family I couldn't keep it a secret at all and told them just a few hours later just after we hiked up 'A' Mountain in Tucson. Their reaction was perfect! Then we told DH's family when we got back. We waited until 8 weeks, Mother's Day weekend, to tell everyone else.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
How did you find out you were pregnant?n Took at test from about 6DPO
How did you tell DH/SO? Put the test in a card and placed that inside a giant easter egg with an OU onesie
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? The week before easter cause I had already poofed out soooo much

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
How did you find out you were pregnant? I missedmyperiod by 1 day. It had never happened before so late that night DH and I went to Walmart and bought a test. When we got home I went into the bathroom and peed on the stick. I realized I hadn't read the directions and had not idea what I was looking at cause it was a weird test. When I realized I was pregnant I walked into our bedroom with my jaw on the floor. I handed the test to DH. We high fived with goofy smiles on our faces and then laid on the bed staring at the ceiling thinking "what did we get oursevles into?" It was a big surpirise
How did you tell DH/SO? ^
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? My sister was pregnant and overdue at the time. We planned to wait until she had the baby. Well my parents were only in town for a few day and my sister was going wayyy overdue so we told her first to make sure she didn't mind us saying anything. She cried and was so happy. Then we went to tell my mom and I burst into tears before I could say it. She got worried so I told DH to say it. She said "really?" and we hugged for a while. Then my dad came in the room and I said "Heydadguesswhati'mpregnant" all in one long word lol. He was excited. Then we announced it on facebook.

January 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
How did you find out you were pregnant? I tested at 9DPO and had what I thought was a faint positive in the morning. So I left work early and picked up a FRER.

How did you tell DH/SO? Well, I had come home early and got a positive FRER, and I was going to surprise him with a letter I had written with the test, but he happened to come home early that day too, and he caught me red handed with the test.

When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? Relatives over the phone, most everyone else facebook announcement.
Due with #2 on July 10

January 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
How did you find out you were pregnant? I tested at like 8 dpo in the middle of the night while chatting with a couple of my JM friends on the forums and ran out to buy more tests. We were doing fertility treatments and so it wasn't a big shocker or anything but it still felt iffy because of our losses.
How did you tell DH/SO? Showed him the pregnant digital test.
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? I told my mom just bluntly at like 4 weeks, told dh's mom over the phone at like 6 , told my grandmas at like 10 weeks and announced on facebook around then to everyone else.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
January 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
How did you find out you were pregnant? I was puking and Steve made a joke about me being preggo. I made him buy me a test, so I could prove him wrong. Lol... I ended up proving him right.
How did you tell DH/SO? Sent him a text pic of the pee test.
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? We told our parents that day. Steve called my mom grandma, and I texted the pic of the test to his mom. Then we announced on Facebook.

January 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
How did you find out you were pregnant? Was late with period so I had dh grab a test. I was always late/off though but wanted to be sure due to meds. Very shocked when it came back positive...we'd not used BC for a few years by then.
How did you tell DH/SO? I handed him the test with a big grin(could not contain it) and he didn't look at it but knew from my face. He just said "really?!...no...really?!...are you serious?" And started crying with happiness
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? Told my mom and she was a jerk. Told my sister and she was amazing as usual. Guess which one Wrenny's MN Margaret is after...yup, my sister
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
- Took a dollar tree test on the way to a baby shower. It was extremely faint BFP but I texted a pic of it to a friend and she said it was a negative. I was like, yeah right! So I asked everyone at the baby shower what they thought, lol! They said I needed to get a digital. So I did. Pregnant.
How did you tell DH/SO?
- Came home that day and just showed him the digital test. He started laughing.
- That night. I have never been able to wait to share it all over Facebook, haha. So I made a birthday invitation that said everyone is invited to our third child's birthday. I have an image of it somewhere....

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

January 9th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
How did you find out you were pregnant? I had a cold that turned into bronchitis. I went to urgent care and they asked if there was any chance I was pregnant. I had been spotting for a few days, but it wasn't a true period. So they did the test and it was positive. I was shocked and burst into (happy) tears.
How did you tell DH/SO? I called him
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? We each called our moms the next day
January 10th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you find out you were pregnant? iC 9 DPO...but I think I knew by 3DPO.
How did you tell DH/SO? With cupcakes...he didn't get it at first & thought I just randomly bought cupcakes for lunch on a Wed. Men.
When did you tell other people and how did you share the news? I told my mom & rebounding instructor that day. I'm still pretty sure my mom spilled the beans early, but we officially told my parents & his parents a couple weeks later.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
took a test. then took 4 more...

How did you tell DH/SO?
Id forgotten to look at it before running out the door to take Greyson bowling. I said Id forgotten something and had to go back real quick. I didnt want to explain but he was persistent. He insisted on checking it with me. When I saw and said Holy SH**, he got a big smile and said REALLY?? He was excited, I was scared to death.

When I had to because I was throwing up all the time... it varied from 7 weeks on. But I didnt announce it to general public until he was born.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Tags
dec 12 graduation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search