How's your self esteem?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I know many of us struggled a little with our changing mama bodies during PG. And obviously we've all lost a decent amount of weight since giving birth and I'm just wondering how everyone's feeling now, after?

I will admit, I've lost nearly 20+lbs and am still not quite where I want to be. I know my boobs will forever sag now because they've been stretched and deflated from BF but I can't help but think they can bounce back a little.

I want my tan and long hair back. It's getting there but not quite what it was before DH and I got married in 2011. Maybe that will be my goal this spring/summer.

Anyone else have weight loss/personal goals?
January 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm down almost 40 lbs from my pregnancy weight. I'd like to lose 50 or 60 more lbs. I don't think I'll ever be able to really tone my lower belly but oh well. I'd like to lose a bit more and tone up for my wedding in May.
Hopolka likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
That's right!! I forgot you're getting married soon Yay! Well you go girlfriend and I'll send fat burning vibes you're way
January 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I gained 27lbs pregnant and lost 35 lbs by my 4 week check up. I'm still very insecure about my body and weight, my sagging boobs, and seemingly never ending waist line. I plan to join a gym and start working out, that should help with the waist line not sure I can do anything about the boobs

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran
I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight but I still need to get my muscle tone back and work off this flab.

For the most part I'm feeling ok about the way I look. Well as long as I wear a regular bra, nursing bras make me feel frumpy since they don't fit well.
January 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
honestly right now i think im going to cry.......... i know i should be happy im not at a bad weight really im 5'9 and 145lbs id like to be 120 but its not like im unhealthy right now ........problem is i have terrible self esteem and was 90lbs before i got pregnant (which actually was unhealthy ironically) now people keep referring to me as "thick" since im so much bigger then i was before, which kills me.

January 10th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly, you're not at all! I'd say 145 is great depending on your frame. I'm 5'6" and if I get below 150 people tell me I'm too thin.

January 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained about 30lbs, and I'm 7lbs above my pre-preg weight. I want to lose about 20lbs, and I want to tone my tummy and core.

My tummy is gross after having it stretched a 2nd time... I just feel like it's so jiggly looking. It's kind of flat, but still jiggly if that makes any sense.

That's what I need to work on!

January 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to lose 10 more lbs. i am only 2-3 lbs away from pre-preg weight and id like to get to 145 i'm 157 right now. the saggy boobs suck but bf Noah is worth it. I wear a nursing top every time we dtd because I'm embarrassed. I know I don't look bad and my dh doesn't care but i'm uncomfy in my own skin.

[/url

January 10th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm more ok with myself this time than I was after my first. I felt awful with my body for a long time after Akadia and wouldn't let DH near me. This time around I'm ok with the fact that I have some flub around my midsection. I plan on working it off in the next few months when I get back to working out regularly. I'm happy that I didn't get any stretch marks again, so that keeps my spirits up. As far as boobies, I know from the first one that they are actually going to look ok while BF. It's after that that they deflate and sag. I'll never have my pre-pregnancy boobs back without surgery and I'm ok with it. Not happy about it, but ok with it.

January 10th, 2013, 06:39 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll admit I'm unhappy even though Dh told his mom that "kristie looks great". Heard it through the grapevine and was pleased he feels that way but I sure don't. I feel fat and jiggly and unhealthy. Unfortunately, I was massively pms'ing and didn't start p90x like I wanted to this week.

January 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I really don't like my body right now. 3 kids has done a number on it. And it's so depressing to see women who have had 3+ kids and look amazing. I hate my stomach and my thighs. I feel like I run around too much to fit in exercising, but I really need to make it a priority!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Well I guess I've just discovered a perk of being busty, I have not noticed that my boobs sag any more than before
January 10th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Veteran
I gained way too much during pregnancy & still need to lose 25 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Me & DH started our diet after the first of the year, & it's going good. I've been doing cardio while Owen is napping & tracking my calories. I would like to lose around 40 pounds total to feel good in my skin. I know it will take time though.
January 10th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I'm 5lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I started counting calories again last week and expect the weight to drop off easily, at least back to where I started. I don't care about my breasts anymore. I don't even remember what they were like before kids. My tummy is ok too. It's my thighs that are horrible this time. I hope to start exercising after my six week check next week. So my self-image isn't too bad this time, but I know I have some things to work on.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

January 10th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to loose about 35lbs. I don't see that happening, but it is the goal in my head. I'm OK with how I am now, but I obsess over weight and the numbers on the scale. So I,m dieting, but trying to not let myself get out of control. But I'm hungry all the time, and no matter how I eat I don't seem to be loosing.

January 10th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im good with myself even though Id like to loose 2 sizes and end up a size 4. If it doesnt happen Im perfectly fine with where I am. I am naturally curvy with big boobs and butt. I have had 5 children and my body has done me good. I get complimented all the time and for once in my life Im fine if Im not completely perfect. I know my DH loves the way I look and have no problem being neked around him.

January 10th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm don't mind being nude around DH... BUT I do feel 'fat'. DH took a picture of me the other day sitting on the couch and I almost died when I saw how fat the tops of my legs looked in the picture, not to mention how wide my waist and hips are. I have lost about 6 lbs since counting calories but I don't see it at all in the mirror or in the way my clothes fit. I hate to think how fat I am going to look the next time I get pregnant if I am not able to get this weight off by the end of Feb. Oh and my boobs look like they have seen better days

January 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Well, I have to admit reading some of those makes me feel a little sad because we all feel not quite 'perfect.' But at least I'm glad I'm not alone.

We'll get there ladies and Kelly you sound like you look just fine. Jump on the "tone up" bandwagon and I'm sure you'll start feeling great in no time. And we're here to support!

Alyssa its funny you say that about the bra...the one time DH decided to take it off I leaked all over him LMAO! We both just laughed and went about our business because the bed was already wet. hehe.

DH and I are thinking of doing a weight loss thing together, maybe purchasing an elliptical for the house. Not sure. Its hard to get to the gym with Annalise only being 2 months old. I've been once and it was great but short lived. :/

I will continue to think about you gals as I strive towards my weight loss goals also. *hugs*
January 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hannah that was one of my fears!!! Anytime i lean over for a min or so i leak. i would prob be too embarrassed but i don't think my dh would care.

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search