How much time in swing/Mamaroo/other

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 10:34 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Wondering how much time is ok in the devices. Generally she won't tolerate them for long anyway but I feel guilty using them even for a short while. But what don't I feel guilty about these days?

Do you generally hold your baby the entire time she is awake?

January 10th, 2013, 11:43 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
I was holding her every wakeing minute but ive been trying to put her dwn more this week bc I go back to wrk nxt week and day care wont hold her allday, she sleep in the crook of my arm at night but I try to put her in the crib to sleep. Ill let her sit in the bouncy untill she gets fussy then I pick her up

January 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine will tolerate it for about five min. And when she starts to get upset you had better get her quick cuz once she gets going she is hard to calm.

January 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tyler sleeps at night in the mamaroo, so I try to limit it during the day. I also use the bouncer when I'm taking a shower and don't want him to tire of it, so only put him in it then. I try to hold or wear him most of the time...well really he spends a quarter of the day on my lap stuck to my boob

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
She would like it that way but I'm trying to break her of that because I need to get stuff done.

On a good day, Samantha will do anywhere from 10-30 minutes happy in her bouncer. Maybe 10-20 in her swing. And anywhere from 5-30 on the floor, combination of tummy time & on her back.
Bad/ fussy day she will only do these when she is alseep or for very short times as long as her binki is in.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
The Truth is out There
If she's awake and happy she'll spend anywhere from 30 min to 1 hr in the bouncer. She doesn't seem to like the swing much.
I try not to hold her when she's sleeping

January 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dont worry about it. Before long they will be rolling and crawling everywhere you will wish that you could just strap them in a swing.

I honestly dont keep track of how much B spends in each place.... Most of his day is with me nursing him, then if I think he's tired Ill put him in the swing (and he'll sleep in there), if we go anywhere or if Im doing housework he's in the Moby (I seriously dont know how any of yall get anything done without one!).... He doesnt seem to mind.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Like Hilary, I don't keep track of how long she stays content when in the swing or bouncer. We just kinda go with the flow. But with DS, I did feel guilty when not holding him, but he remained super clingy till just recently, so with Dalya I'm hoping more time alone will make for a less clingy tot!
January 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It varies. Lately she doesn't seem content any one place for longer than 30 minutes. But I'm guilty of just picking her up anyway.

Daffney

January 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I must admit that Alli does spend a lot of time in her swing. She seems most content there and since she has acid reflux to the extreme, the swings upright position seems to really help with that. But if she's not in the swing than I am usually holding her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search