Im so peeved!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
So the daycare that Hannah goes to charges 185 a week for a baby and 70 a week for Hannah just to be there before school and them to drop her off. I just found out that I also have to premake all of Sophia's bottles every morning because they don't make bottles. W.T.F!!! How lazy do you have to be to refuse to make bottles! Especially when I will be paying so freakin much for child care. Most daycares around here are 160 a week for a baby and 50 for hannah. I may be looking for another daycare. Seriously!! Am I over reacting????

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That seems a bit ridiculous. Sorry sweet

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

January 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I've worked in two daycares, and they both had that bottle policy. I can't remember the reasoning behind it, but I think it's a pretty common rule. If mom sent in breast milk, we had to feed baby with gloves and treat any spit up as if it were blood since HIV can be transmitted through breast milk and you never know. I always thought that was a ridiculous policy. Anyways, that's off topic. As for the price, if other daycares in the area provide just as good of service for cheaper, I'd switch for sure.
January 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
That does seem a little silly if you are formula feeding (since you could easily provide closed formula bottles if they were concerned about contamination).

That price seems insanely cheap to me since childcare is so cheap so if you like this daycare I'd say its not worth finding a new one for a few dollars a week but thats just me. If you dont like them for other reasons, this would be a good reason to look for an alternative.

January 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to look around at other daycares tomorrow. Saving 100 bucks a month is plenty of reason alone plus Hannah's been picked on and bullied at this daycare and continues to be as well.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 11th, 2013, 04:51 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
My daycare has the same,policey, just a sugestion I allways make a extra bottle bc u no babies sumtimes eat more or less it kinda a hassel to make bottles label them and gettin out the door

January 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daycare (which is NAEYC accredited) also has this bottle policy for formula. I think it's probably a state regulation. The only exception to the rule is that we also have the option to allow the daycare to provide the formula, in which case THEY will make the bottles - albeit at a vastly higher weekly rate. Which is clearly, not worth it. Since I've always had breastmilk bottles, it hasn't applied to me, but I also have to make sure that my BM bottles are ready made and good to go, in other words, they have to be thawed and clearly marked with the child's name, contents (liquid cyanide, of course) and ounces on the outside of each bottle. Again, this is state regulation and the daycare can be fined if they are audited and each bottle is not like this. My point Raina, is that while you're completely correct that they SHOULD be able to make the bottles themselves - don't base the decision on this particular factor alone.

The other factors (i.e.: the price and the bullying situation) are much more important. For my money, I pay $105 a week for my pre-schooler and will pay $115 for my infant (both part-time) - and while I'm loath to spend that much in theory, I'm happy to do it because I know that this is THE best daycare around. If you can find a place that's worth the money (and you can afford it, obviously) then snatch it up. Good daycares are like good mechanics - worth their weight in gold.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search