Calling all pumpers!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So who is with me in the "expressing" club? Any exclusive pumpers out there? Part timers? What pump are you currently using?

January 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pump once per day and use a Medela Advanced.

January 10th, 2013, 06:56 PM
LindsayGriff
I pump at work and nurse at home. I use a Medela Freestyle at work and a medela pump in style at home. I pump about every 3-4 hrs at work and always pump before bed at home to make it to the next feeding without feeling too engorged as he is giving me 7 hrs at night between feedings.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
January 10th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I pump and nurse. My schedule is - pump when I get up, nurse after getting ready for work, pump at lunch, pump at 3pm, pump as soon as I get home, nurse either right after or about an hr after depending on when the sitter fed him last, nurse on demand the rest of the night, and pump once before bed if he is sleeping when I'm ready to lay down.

I use the Ameda Purely Yours. And I love it.

January 10th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Super Mommy
medela pump in style advanced pumping every 4hrs 7oz. Not loving to pump but at least I get some time to hang out online and post to jm lol.
January 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm a part time pumper and usually pump overnight when/if I'm engorged. I have probably over 60oz in the freezer, so I don't really need to do much more pumping. I only use milk when I go out on a session and will use it when I go out. I use a Medela PISA

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 10th, 2013, 09:18 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Exclusively pumping using the Medela PISA.
I went straight to pumping this time and with my 2nd as I found out the hard way with my first that only one breast produces enough milk. I get around 20 oz a day and have to supplement 4-8 oz a day. I would like to have been able to breastfeed, but the nice thing about pumping is that DH can feed the baby in the night, MIL can babysit whenever we need and I know just how much she is eating.

January 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me unfortunately. Im using the Medela Symphony. Pumping 3-4oz every 4hrs round the clock. I suck

January 11th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
Medela Freestyle, pumping all through out the day. I try to stick to every 2 hours but its hard to keep up with at work. Still supplementing with formula, pretty much come to terms with the fact that she won't be getting breast milk exclusively.

January 11th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
Pump & BF...mostly pump in morning and evening to build up a stash. I use the Medela Harmony manual...I can get about 3-5oz.
January 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I BF exclusively on demand on my days off every 1-3 hrsI work three days per week 12.5hr shifts. I BF at 530am before work and pump 5-7 oz at 8am, 11am, 2pm, and 530pm. I BF as soon as I get out of my work clothes at 830pm and again before 11 when Luke usually is done until 2-4ish am. Occasionally Eddie brings Lukas to me on my lunch around 12 or 1ish so I adjust my schedule to match his feedings. If Eddie has to feed baby off schedule he texts me so I pump at the same time. Once I had to BF Luke in the parking lot at 730pm because as soon as he heard my voice getting in the car he demanded boobies. I sometimes pump at 2-4ish am because I wake up engorged and get 7 to 9oz. Occasionally I wake Lukas to eat if I don't feel like pumping. I'm using a brand new Medela PIS I splurged on last week when my milk dropped and I got worried. I love my new pump! Before that I was using my old PIS that I bought 11yrs ago. I worked yesterday and Lukas was up every 2-3 hrs all night to eat and is eating every 1-2hrs today and spitting up more than usual. He's being a little piggy and keeping my boobies making a ton of milk.
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
January 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Veteran
3 times a day for me. She still gets formula and BM, and I'm using medela in style.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search