Update on baby girl

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 09:03 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I haven't been on here in along time and one of the ladies just reminded me of that

Alli is doing really well now and is weighing a whole whopping 6lbs now She been home a couple weeks now and we are loving every minute of it! She is still on oxygen and apnea monitors though. Last Monday she had a pretty big set back though. She just stopped breathing and started turning blue. I was not home when it happened. My husband was home alone with her when it happened. He panicked and started CPR and called 911. Shortly after that I walked in and she had started breathing again. We live so far from town that they sent medi-flight out and flew her to the hospital. I rushed to the hospital to be with her and when we arrived we were told she could not be treated at that hospital. So they sent her by ambulance to another hospital where she was admitted for 3 days. She was released Wednesday evening and has had no more apnea episodes. She is doing great now.

Our only problem is changing her bottles. She likes the cheap disposable bottles that the hospital gave us, probably cause she was on them so long. I have bought the Dr. Browns, Playtex Nursers, and Tommee Tipper and have had no luck with any of them. Do you mommies have any suggestions?

January 14th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Regular
Our hospital recommended Difrax bottles, and I will admit that the nipple seemed very similar to the hospital nipple. I took a quick look on Amazon, and they're available in the US, but they're kind of expensive. Tristan used it for a couple of weeks, but we found it took him a long time to finish a feed, so we switched to Avent Natural, which went a lot faster. Now he's pretty much EBF, but when we give him a little breastmilk in a bottle we use the Avent.

Good luck! I hope she continues to do well, and stays out of the hospital!
January 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh how scary! So glad she's ok and glad to see an update from you!
BraidensMommy likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

January 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
Can you find the Avent at stores like Wal-Mart or Target? I will definitely try them, since I am desperate at this point.

January 14th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lorelei and grayson were the same way. The only bottles i could get them to use were gerber from walmart. Hope you find something soon and glad she is home.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

January 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great that she is home with you guys! Sorry to hear about the apnea episode, how scary.
January 14th, 2013, 07:52 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
How scary! Glad she is okay now and I hope she doesn't have anymore episodes. Hopefully you'll find the right bottle for her soon. You can get Avent bottles anywhere. I actually just transitioned my little guy to Avent bottles and he takes them well
January 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
glad she is home and doing better now. that myst have been so scary. hope you are doing good as well.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search