preventing the flu

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 11:53 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok so we have been pretty much hobbits living in our house lol, but my mil lives with us and just returned from being gone for two weeks. anyway she works in a pediatric office doing paperwork. she always goes and bathes before she holds her. but she has a crappy immune system and always is sick! she had only held her once in the first two weeks due to being sick. i have read you are most contagious three days before you are sick.

my question is should i bee asking her to shower when she comes in? like not even sitting down on the couch or anything? i just really want to be safe and dont need any of us sick. any thoughts?

January 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
#1 is everyone washing their hands. I wouldn't shy away from wearing masks when she is sick (I'm just now recovering from a sinus infection I've had for almost a month so yes, that's how DONE I am of being sick!!). If your BFing, I can suggest things you can eat / take that'll transfer to your BM & boost her immune system.
January 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
I, too, am super paranoid about LO getting sick n it's hard to control others but u can control ur exposure. We usually have a lot of visitors so I typically keep LO in our bedroom which is on the main level of the home and just off from our living room so it's not to excluded but enough to keep him away from all the high traffic area. We keep several bottles of germx around the house with one in the entry way before u come in the house. We also keep a can of Lysol close by. If ur concerned about ur mil than just keep LO away from her, keep hands washed n if she's coughing break out the Lysol. We have actually lysoled the older kids when they have come home if they have been around others that may be sick.

Thank you Jaidynsmum

January 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am bf and I will install germex at all exits lol. Some people think I'm a little nuts but I don't care! What is there I can take to help the lo?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search