can the sleep thing get any worse?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Yesterday Bryson fell out of the bed when he woke from his nap. I was in the room but putting laundry away. Well DH freaked out and not I am not allowed to let him nap in bed.
So last night I started him in his crib.... every 45 minutes he woke up and it took me another 20-45 minutes to put him back to sleep. I did this from 8pm - 3am and just gave up and took him to bed with me.

This kid will sleep some time right???? lol

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes he will eventually sleep. My niece was the exact same way and just wouldn't sleep. I think this went on for quite awhile but she eventually started sleeping. I know right now it seems like it will never end and honestly I just don't know how you are doing it day after day with no sleep. Jacob has some really hard nights but he does sleep sometimes. did you ever try one of those rock and play things that some of the girls were using? He may be too big now but I know rocking really helps some of these guys sleep. Jacob sleeps so much better when he is rocking than when he is laying flat in his bed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 14th, 2013, 02:19 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
It took me a week solid of going in and out of Grady's room until he got longer stretches. I say you are doing good, but nothing is an easy fix when it comes to sleeping issues. Just stick with what you are doing. I found that writing down how long I was in there and how long he slept would help me see the progress. Since you are so sleepy (just like I was) it's hard to notice when things start changing. It's usually subtle.

January 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It may be more of an adjustment going from mommy snuggles to the crib instead of a bassinet or something. I think you are on the right track for sure.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
It took me a week solid of going in and out of Grady's room until he got longer stretches. I say you are doing good, but nothing is an easy fix when it comes to sleeping issues. Just stick with what you are doing. I found that writing down how long I was in there and how long he slept would help me see the progress. Since you are so sleepy (just like I was) it's hard to notice when things start changing. It's usually subtle.
He has been this way since birth even when sleeping in my bed... but I get more sleep in bed because I will sleep while he is eating. Except for the nights when he wants to play from 1-4am like he did last week UGH.
At this age Madison was only waking me 3-4 times a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Haired_Mama View Post
It may be more of an adjustment going from mommy snuggles to the crib instead of a bassinet or something. I think you are on the right track for sure.
I have a pack n play in my room and every night since birth I try to put him in it and he wakes up right away.

January 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Grady was the same way. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I had to have a plan and stick with it and it got better.

Since you've always co slept, it is going to be very hard to put him down and him not wake up. He has no concept of sleeping alone.

January 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
I have a pack n play in my room and every night since birth I try to put him in it and he wakes up right away.
Is it a Pack N Play or Rock N Play? Kira sleeps WAY better in her Rock N Play than in her crib (she won't sleep at all in a Pack N Play). I know they're getting near the end of fitting in the Rock N Play as the weight limit is 25 lbs, but Kira does just fine with the seat belt on. It might be worth giving it a try?
January 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is the crib in your room? Also I would say keep with the crib. If you train him in something else you will have to train him to the crib eventually. So it's starting all over IMO.

There is no way Archer could be in the rock and play. He was in his bounce chair once with the strap and sat up and folded over. Very scary and I was sitting next to him.

Here is what the rock and play manual says....

FALL HAZARD - To prevent falls,
DO NOT use this product when the
infant begins to push up on hands and
knees, can pull up or sit unassisted or
has reached 25 lb. (11 kg), whichever
comes first.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I guess I'm just lucky -- when Kira is sleepy, she doesn't try to pull up or sit at all. When I put her in the RnP she just conks out and doesn't move a muscle until morning.

That said, we're definitely weaning her off of it for sleeping overnight and now try to only use it for short naps.
January 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right there with you, and it will EVENTUALLY get better...

Maiya was in bed with me and we started transitioning cause I had to pee and she almost rolled off the bed...right now, she is waking up every 2 hours - midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am - and then up for good at 7am...I'm a walking zombie right there with you...Kaiden crib transitioned at 10 months and he only woke up once the first night so I'm a bit bummed about this, tonight is the 5th night, and she went down immediately so I'm hoping that its better then the last few night...

January 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Sometimes if Rylynn wakes up at 1 or 2 am and I am just too exhausted to do things the "right way", we go downstairs to the playroom, put mickey mouse clubhouse on the dvr and she conks out in her bouncy chair recliner thingy. Its not the greatest idea, but sometimes I just need to sleep
January 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
To get an infant to sleep through the night if takes one of two things;

Time or Tears.

As long as you are patient, and persistant and do not give up, he will sleep on his own eventually. It will just take time. If that isn't the right road for you, then allowing him to cry is the only other option.

I personally choose time, but I know many instances were tears is the only thing that works.

We are going through the same thing. Still co-sleeping and I don't see an end anytime soon. However, he does sleep just fine in bed with us...I will keep you guys in my thoughts!

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry mama That has got to be exhausting and even frustrating! I would just follow exactly what Jillian said. GOOD LUCK!
January 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Well he is back in my bed..lol
It was just to much and he refused to take a nap in his crib.
With DH being gone for a few weeks I have given in and put him back in bed. I am so tired I don't ever try to put him in the pack n play or crib right
now.

January 21st, 2013, 07:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lindsey I don't blame you. we do what we have to do to get some sleep. I would keep him me also if that's the only way you can get some sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 21st, 2013, 09:34 AM
I hope it works!!

Is the side of your bed up against a wall? I've been thinking of putting Kira in bed with me, too, but since hubby and I sleep separately (long story) I'm afraid she'll roll out of bed on the other side.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search