Finger Foods

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone started finger foods yet? I've been reading that now is a good time to start them but I am hesitant because Evan has YET to sprout a tooth. What are your thoughts?

January 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I gave Addy little pieces of the mum mum. they dissolve quickly, she didn't care for those, but I gave her very tiny pieces of the yogurt bites and she liked those. That is all we have tried because she doesn't have any teeth either.

January 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
McKinley loves the Lil' Crunchies, mum mums and yogurt melts. All easily dissolvable. If your LO can gum the food In a chewing motion they should be ok. It took McKinley about three tries to finally get the hang of finger foods. She's also has had really soft macaroni noodles and some toast she didn't really eat the toast but loved to knaw on it til it got all soggy.

January 15th, 2013, 05:05 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bennett dosnt have any teeth but hes on all solid foods,he eat whatever we eat.He is able to use his gums to mash everything up and has never had an issue.Start with something like rice,tofu,banana,pasta,just cut it up really small,cheerio size,he wont have to really chew it and it will get him used to it.

January 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
Oh gosh I was JUST at the store buying baby food thinking about this. I looked through the little melt crackers and teething biscuits and decided to wait a little longer. Still no teeth over here either.
January 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM
JJ has his 2 bottom teeth and I didn't even think of those. Now I'm thinkin ill try some..
January 16th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the feedback ladies. Evan has been on the stage 2 jar baby food for about a month. I'm thinking of moving him up to the Stage 2 1/2 (jar says for about 8 month olds) & then taking it from there. I'm just soo scared he will choke on something! Hopefully I'll muster up the courage to let him try some real food soon, lol.

January 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If you try the easily dissolved stuff, he shouldn't choke, chances are he will move it around in his mouth first, even if he doesn't "chew" it, it will dissolve before it goes down his throat I am scared too, my almost 4 year old wants to feed her stuff and it freaks me out that she will get something in her mouth before I can stop it, even though I am constantly there!

January 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincat View Post
Thanks for all the feedback ladies. Evan has been on the stage 2 jar baby food for about a month. I'm thinking of moving him up to the Stage 2 1/2 (jar says for about 8 month olds) & then taking it from there. I'm just soo scared he will choke on something! Hopefully I'll muster up the courage to let him try some real food soon, lol.
He may gag at first as its a different texture in his mouth but the dissolvable foods shouldn't make him choke as long as he is able to muck it around. McKinley had gagged at first, it took a few tries and now she gets it. Most of it ends up out of her mouth but she's definitely getting better with practicing with the dissolvable foods. I recommend either the mum mums or the lil crunchies for first finger foods as they are bigger and he can hold them and just knaw on them. The puffs are great but Id wait til he got the hang of eating before giving them to him as they are smaller.

January 17th, 2013, 05:56 AM
So I tried the Stage 2 1/2 jar baby food last night; Evan gagged & kinda coughed a little bit & it scared the hell out of me! I don't know if I'm ready for this, lol....maybe I'll try it again in a couple days. Thanks for all the advice tho ladies!

January 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Raini has had biter biscuits store bought and homemade. Recently I let her try the wagon wheels that are like rice cake type things..shes not a fan. She loves CHEETOS, though I dont give them often cuz im certain they cant be good for her lol

Just last night she ate a carrot that I had cooked with a pot roast all day, it was a baby carrot but it was the perfect size for her to hold and the perfect softness for her to eat though she is working on tooth #5 now so she may be able to eat more than some. (FYI I rinsed the carrot before hand....to get all the pot roast drippings off.)

Oh and she loves to eat ritz crackers!

I didnt even know there was a stage 2 1/2 baby food.... I bet Raini is totally ready for that with all the teeth she has. The finger foods I mentioned she has no problem eating.

As a mom with #3 I probably try things that others wouldnt.....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search